In this article, we’ll analyze Terro moth traps reviews, user ratings and mention the top alternatives that you can consider if they don’t work for you.
Finding webbing in the corners of your kitchen cabinets or holes in your stored clothes will immediately tell you that you need to act fast to get rid of moths. These annoying bugs can cause hundreds of dollars worth of damage if you don’t fight them properly.
What Are Terro Moth Traps and How Do They Work?
- Attracts and traps grain moths, flour moths, meal moths, and seed moths
- Pheromone lure attracts moths to the sticky trap where it gets stuck and dies
- Ready-to-use and non-toxic sticky traps
Moths and butterflies belong to the same order of pesky insects, but they have a totally different impact on humans. While most people feel happy or optimistic when they see butterflies, there’s usually a feeling of discomfort that you’re likely to experience if you know that moths are living in your house.
Adult moths don’t cause much damage as they have thin mouths to absorb nectar. However, the larvae will either feed on your clothes or food before they turn into adults. Clothes moths are less likely to be seen flying around and are more likely to stay hidden in the closet. Pantry moths fly around more often and are easily noticed.
Why Use Terro Traps?
- 4 STEPS TO A MOTH FREE HOME - 1. Deploy Dr. Killigan’s Pantry Moth Traps 2. Find the source of your problem (where are their nests?) and dispose of...
- NOT FOR CLOTHING MOTHS or GYPSY MOTHS. Only EFFECTIVE Against the Indian Meal Moth and Other Food Moths. PROTECTS Your Bird Seed, Pet Food, Whole...
- KILLER DESIGN - Don't settle for industrial, generic, or the out-dated 1970's wood-look other traps provide. Dr. Killigan’s moth traps are dressed...
Terro moth traps don’t contain any toxins, so they’re safe to use around the house and close to food. They’re perfect for your household if you have pets or children.
Terro offers different types of traps that you can try. One of the types is dedicated to pantry moths. These are going to live in your kitchen cabinet, feeding on flour, cereals, and pet food. Pantry moths can cause a lot of damage because you won’t be able to use this food, and they will also cause a lot of mess.
- Attracts & Traps Moths - The powerful dual-purpose pheromone attractant lures and traps clothes moths & pantry moths
- Traps & Alerts - Use it to trap active adult moth infestations and monitor moth activity when an infestation first begins
- Long-Lasting - The trap includes two lures, which each last for up to 3 months – up to 6 months of moth control in total
Clothes moths are even more serious because they make holes in your clothes that are made of natural fibers. Terro offers special traps that attract these moths, and they eventually get stuck. Using these traps will protect your expensive clothes and furniture.
Dual traps are also available, and these are perfect if you want to get rid of all types of moths. They will attract both clothes and pantry moths and will guarantee that your house will be moth-free in no time.
What Do Users Say About Terro Moth Traps?
Terro moth traps have mostly good reviews because they don’t contain any toxins that can harm the children and pets in your household. Instead, they contain natural pheromones that attract the bugs, and the non-toxic glue keeps them trapped. As a result, moths won’t be able to reproduce, and the lifecycle is broken.
People who have used Terro moth traps agree that they’re so much better than mothballs. Mothballs contain chemicals that are toxic to humans, and while they can get rid of pantry and closet moths, they can be extremely dangerous to use around the house.
Why Are Terro Traps Better?
This is why these traps are a lot better because they’re not toxic. So even if they get in touch with the skin or food, these traps won’t be life-threatening or dangerous.
A lot of users also commented that they love how the traps are practical to use. The foldable design can be used flat, wall-mounted, or free-standing, which allows you to use them in multiple locations and setups. Using the same packet, you can set up these traps to get rid of the moths in the closet or the pantry in no time.
All sticky moth traps like Terro moth traps contain glue that eventually loses its efficiency. With time, the glue won’t work, and moths won’t stick to the trap. Unfortunately, this means that although you’ve set up the trap, you won’t be able to get rid of the moths in the house.
Terro moth traps have a unique indicator that tells you when to replace the trap. Each sticky trap is supposed to stay functional for three months, so you can easily discard it at the end of this period and replace it with a new one.
After getting rid of the moths in your closet or pantry, it’s recommended to use these traps regularly to keep moths at bay. Since Terro moth traps usually come in packages that contain more than one sticky trap, you can use the same package for about six months to keep moths away.
In case of a serious moth infestation, Terro moth traps won’t deliver fast results. The sticky traps will attract the moths but are not fast enough. As a result, they will work only if you have a few moths in the house or after using a potent treatment to get rid of the bugs. You can also use these traps as a preventative measure.
What Are the Pros of Terro Moth Traps?
These sticky moth traps work offer a lot of benefits.
- These traps come in different versions to attract pantry and clothes moths. Moreover, there’s a special dual-acting formula that works for both types of moths.
- They’re quite easy to use, as you don’t have to do anything but peel them and set them up wherever you like.
- The foldable design is convenient, so you can use these traps in various setups.
- The traps attract moths using pheromones, and the bugs get stuck to the glue, which stops the lifecycle of these bugs. None of the chemicals used is toxic to humans or pets.
- They come with a unique indicator that tells you that it’s time to have them replaced.
What Are the Cons of Terro Moth Traps?
Despite their advantages, these traps have some disadvantages that you need to be aware of.
- Just like other sticky traps, these ones don’t last for long. As a result, you will have to replace them after 3 months.
- Compared to other moth traps, these ones are slightly more expensive.
- TRAP THEM ALL: Liberate your home with specially engineered traps that lure all common moth species, more effective than some mothballs. Whether they...
- POTENT PHEROMONES: Advanced strength pheromone mixture that entices all pesky moths to their doom. Compare to cedar blocks and moth balls, no need to...
- RECYCLABLE: Traps are made using natural recycled, non scented paper that is better for our planet. No need to spray as our traps work while your...
Dealing with moths can be a real problem, but luckily, different types of traps can work for you if Terro moth traps don’t. Mottenfalle Clothes Moth are perfect for clothes moths and are incredibly affordable. Each packet contains 6 traps, so they will last for a long time. They also come with little hangers, so you can easily use them inside the closet.
If you have pantry moths, we recommend that you try the MAXGUARD Pantry Moth Traps. When you buy these traps, you will receive a total of 14 traps to be used over a long period, so they represent quite a bargain. Moreover, they don’t contain any toxic chemicals, so they’re perfectly safe to use around food.
These traps are safe and contain no toxins, so they will be safe to use around the pets and kids in the house. Moreover, the traps are flexible, so you can use them in multiple ways.
However, Terro moth traps are more expensive than other sticky traps on the market. Moreover, they won’t work for you if you have a serious moth infestation.
CLICK HERE to shop our complete selection of non-toxic pest control options!