Termites are a huge problem for homeowners. Termite colonies can do serious damage to your home, but also these wood destroying insects can also be difficult to get rid of. If you’re dealing with a termite infestation, you need to take action right away and use termite sprayers!
One of the best ways to get rid of termites is by using a termite sprayers. In this blog post, we will discuss 5 of the best termite sprayers on the market today. We’ll also provide some tips on how to use them from these carpenter ants effectively!
- 1 Termite Infestation
- 2 How Can You Tell If Your House Has Termite Infestations?
- 3 Termite Control: What To Do To Solve The Termite Problem?
- 4 Are The Chemicals That Kills Termites Safe?
- 5 What Are The Different Kinds Of Ways To Get Rid Of Termites?
- 6 Best Termite Killers Sprays Reviewed
- 6.1 Cyper TC– Best Professional Termiticide
- 6.2 Bayer 700310 – Great Termite Killer for Wooden Structures
- 6.3 BASF 805571 Termidor Foam Termiticide/Insecticide – A Ready-to-Use Spray for Termites
- 6.4 Terro Termiticide – Best Termite Killer Spray with no Odor and Stains after Use
- 6.5 I.G. Regulator Natural Termite Spray – An Efficient Product on up to 1000 Sq Ft
- 7 Frequently Ask Questions
Termites are also known as carpenter ants or carpenter bees are wood destroying pests that can quickly set up colonies in your house and cause infestations. These wood infesting insects eat mostly wood piles and things made of wood.
A colony in your home can do a lot of termite problems quickly. Drywood termites usually leave behind discolored drywall, peeling paint, wood that sounds hollow, and small holes in the drywall.
If you don’t apply termite treatments to kill termites’ entire colony, your walls will start to fall apart. But you can get rid of termites and keep them from coming back by using the best termite treatment for your home.
How Can You Tell If Your House Has Termite Infestations?
The first step in solving the termite problem is to keep an eye out for them. Termite colonies don’t usually come out of the soil, mud tubes, or food sources they are tunneling through.
People usually don’t know they have termites until they see a swarm of wood destroying insects in their property or find damage while building. Here are some of the termite control ways you can find do to find out if you have termites:
1. Hard To Open Windows and Doors
Also, if your house has drywood termites, you might find that the windows and doors are hard to open. If you see it, check the areas around the windows and doors because these species could be living there. If none of these things show any signs of these bugs but you still think they might be there, call a professional and ask for help.
2. Subterranean Termites or Discarded Wings
Swarmers are young female and male termites with wings. They are also called reproductive or eggs. After the last freeze in the spring, termite swarmers come out of their nests to mate and look for a new place to start a termite colony, which is often our homes.
As a result, termite swarmers or their wings near window sills and doors are often the first (and only) visible sign of a termite problem.
3. Mud Tubes
Subterranean termites, which do the most damage, make mud tubes to keep them moist as they move between their colony and their food source. Most mud tubes are found near the base of a house.
4. Wood Damage
Looking around your property is the best way to find these pests. If you see one or two termites moving around or damaged wood in your home, this is a sign that these bugs have moved in. The other thing you can do is look in your garden.
If you see strange lines on the surface of the wood that you haven’t seen before, they could have been made by termites.
Subterranean termites usually eat wood from the inside out, so if you tap on a piece of wood and it sounds hollow, it’s likely that there are termites in it. Homeowners should also look for pieces of wood that have been burned.
5. Uneven or Bubbling Paint
Most of the time, uneven or bubbling paint on wooden structures is a sign of a buildup of moisture, which could be caused by either water damage or termites.
You should look into it more to make sure you are dealing with termites and not some other pests or other insects such as stink bugs. The best way to find out if termites are in your area is to look for their termite droppings near tree stumps or any wooden structures that have been damaged.
As they eat through wood, there are termite droppings that look like wood. A drywood termite infestation could be present if a homeowner finds a small pile of what looks like pellets inside or outside the house.
Termite Control: What To Do To Solve The Termite Problem?
To Kill Termites Carefully Choose Professional Pest Control Companies
Your state has to give licenses to pest control companies that offer services to kill termites. Ask to see the company’s license and call your state’s pesticide regulatory agency if you have any questions.
Please read the Citizen’s Guide to Pest Control & Safety, also an environmental protection agency for more tips on how to choose a professional pest control service that will do effective termite treatment.
Read The Termite Treatment Label.
The label tells you exactly how to use the termite treatments and can tell you about any possible risks of using the termite spray.
If the termite sprays label doesn’t say how to get rid of foraging termites and protect the structure, then the product isn’t meant to do that and shouldn’t be used. You should ask the company’s representative for a copy of their product label if you want to see it.
Be Aware Of How Soon You Can Go Back Into A Home That Has Been Treated.
The time needed before the home can be used again varies by product and is written on the labels. Make sure the applicator tells you when to use it.
Are The Chemicals That Kills Termites Safe?
As the federal agency in charge of regulating pest control industry, in the United States, including termiticides, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) must make sure that the pesticide used by professional pest control company to eliminate termites, meets current safety standards to protect human health and the environment.
To make these kinds of decisions, EPA asks applicants to send them more than 100 different scientific studies and tests on termite detection and termite excrement. Most states also check the labels of different termite insecticide to make sure it meets federal labeling rules and any other state rules about how it can be used.
Many termiticides wood treatments are very dangerous whether indoor and outdoor use, so it’s important to follow the directions on the label very carefully. Professionals in pest control have the knowledge, skills, and tools that are required by the label. This reduces risks and makes the product work better in solving termite problems.
What Are The Different Kinds Of Ways To Get Rid Of Termites?
Termite Treatments Without Chemicals
Some of the most effective termite treatments don’t involve spraying them with liquid termiticides. For instance:
- One of the pest control methods used to prevent other wood destroying pests is a physical barrier, which is often built into a building.
- As physical barriers, steel mesh and certain sizes of sand have been shown to prevent termites from entering premises.
- Some success has been seen with biological control agents like nematodes and fungi, especially in the lab.
- Since these methods use naturally occurring chemicals and don’t use insecticides, the EPA doesn’t have any rules about them.
Treatments With Chemicals
Before a company can sell or distribute a pesticide in the United States, other than certain “minimum risk” pesticides, the EPA must look at studies on the pesticide to make sure the chemical kills termites alone and won’t harm people or the environment in an unreasonable way.
Once they know this, the owner will be given permission to register that pesticide so that it can only be used in the way it says on the label. Termiticides are pesticides that are used to prevent or treat termite infestations.
Before they register a certain product as a termite treatment, they must show that they help wooden structures repel termites thus protecting structures from damage. Most of the time, a trained pest management professional is the only one who can properly apply termiticide.
Among the approved top termite killers are:
- Direct Liquid treatments termiticides.
- Bait stations for termites.
- Materials for building that have been treated with bioadvance termite killer.
- Treatments for wood.
Barrier treatments and termite baits are two common ways to get rid of termites.
Best Termite Killers Sprays Reviewed
Cyper TC– Best Professional Termiticide
- Active Ingredient: 25.3% Cypermethrin -Can not ship to CT or NY
- pProvides sturdy bond to the soil
- Creates a barrier
- Active Ingredient: Cypermethrin (25.3%)
- Item Weight: 8.28 pounds
- Item Volume: 1 gallon
- Product Dimensions LxWxH: 7.75 x 5 x 11.5 inches
- Target Species: Cockroaches, Spiders, Wasps, Chinch Bugs, Mole Crickets, Fire Ants, Fleas and Ticks
If you have a garden or a house made of wood and there are termites in the area, the best thing to do is to use Taurus SC. This is considered one of the best termite treatments for carpenter ants and carpenter bees. When it is put in places like your house’s foundation or basement.
Termites usually like to live in these places because they can move around, lay eggs, and have babies without being seen. Since you already know that termites are in your home, you need to check all the places they can get in. You can place these termite baits in these places so the bugs won’t catch you off guard.
This termite killer has three sizes of the spray: 2.5 gallons, 20 oz, and 78 oz. So, you can choose the amount of termite sprays you need in killing termites based on the size of the area where you will use the pesticide.
The 78-ounce bottle termite killer spray only weighs 5 pounds, so it’s easy to move around your house or yard. Remember that you need to hide this termite sprays insecticide so that children can’t get to it. Remember that termite sprays are highly poisonous and can hurt kids’ skin and eyes.
It’s light, comes in a sealed can to keep it from spilling, and can be used on many different kinds of pests.
If it gets on vegetables or other food by accident, you will have to throw them away because they will be contaminated.
Bayer 700310 – Great Termite Killer for Wooden StructuresAspirin Regimen Bayer 81mg Enteric Coated Tablets, #1 Doctor Recommended Aspirin Brand, Pain Reliever,300 Count
- Active Ingredient: β- Cyfluthrin (2.5%)
- Item Weight: 2.5 pounds
- Item Volume: 40 fl. oz.
- Product Dimensions LxWxH: 5 x 2.65 x 10.25 inches
- Target Species: Ants, Termites, Fleas, Ticks, Crickets, Spiders , Carpenter Bees, and more
Do you have wooden structures that have been damaged by termites, carpenter ants, or any other type of pest? Then you may consider BioAdvanced 700310, as it is manufactured to protect the wood of various kinds of insects.
The liquid treatment must be mixed with water before being used. Once you’ve diluted it, use a tank sprayer to put the solution where you want to get rid of pests.
So, the BioAdvanced termite killer might work for you if you have enough time to make the solution and put it down. It is a very good product that will help you get rid of termites for good.
This liquid termite killer is available in a ready-to-use can or a bottle that needs to be diluted first. You can use it around the house, on the foundation, in the yard, and on wooden structures. It can also be used to get rid of carpenter ants.
It may kill geckos, too.
BASF 805571 Termidor Foam Termiticide/Insecticide – A Ready-to-Use Spray for Termites
- Use Only with Whitmire Micro-Greens or BASF Approved actuator.
- Power Source Type: Manual
- Active Ingredient: Fipronil (0.005%)
- Item Weight: 1.52 pounds
- Item Form: Foam
- Product Dimensions LxWxH: 2.5 x 2.5 x 9.5 inches
- Target Species: Ants, Termites, Wood Destroying Insects, Termites (including subterranean, drywood, dampwood and arboreal), Old House Borer Beetles, Powder Post Beetles, Wharf Borer Beetles, Ants (including: foraging Carpenter; excluding: Fire, Harvester, Leaf cutter and Pharaoh)
This BASF insecticide is right for you if you want a strong product that is ready to use. With the hose that comes with the bottle, you can treat the area right from the bottle.
So, you won’t need to buy any extra tools to water down the solution. It’s best for people who are busy or who are dealing with termites for the first time because it saves a lot of time and doesn’t take much work.
When you use the best termiticide by BASF, you don’t have to work hard. When you put it in one place, it will spread to 30 times that area. So, you don’t have to work hard to get to the spaces, walls, and edges where the insects might be hiding. The foam spreads well, making it impossible for termites to stay alive.
The bottle only weighs 1.35 pounds, which is very light and means that anyone can carry it. Also, you can use this termiticide to kill ants, beetles, and carpenter bees.
- A compact bottle
- Spreads over all the corners
- Efficient only for small areas.
Terro Termiticide – Best Termite Killer Spray with no Odor and Stains after Use
- Kills Wood-Infesting Insects - Effectively kills carpenter ants, termites, and carpenter bees
- Fast Acting & Long Lasting - This convenient aerosol spray kills on contact and provides long-lasting residual control, continuing to kill pests for...
- Don't Miss Your Target - The two-way spray nozzle allows for broad application or precision treatment in cracks and crevices
- Item Form: Spray
- Item Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Duration of action: up to 1 month
- Product Dimensions LxWxH: 2.7 x 8 x 9.4 inches
- Target Species: Ants, Termites
Another spray that is easy to use and won’t give you a headache is Terro. If you don’t have a lot of time or desire to deal with termites, you can use this spray to treat the wood in your home. It will only take a few minutes of your time.
Unlike professional pesticides, you won’t have to water down this product to make a solution that works. As soon as you get this Terro product from the store, you can spray it where the termite colonies are.
This termiticide spray is that it does its job without leaving stains or smells that I don’t like. Normal pesticides have a strong smell, but you won’t be able to smell this one.
This spray won’t stain your walls or any other part of your home, which is a plus. So, even after using this pesticide, you can still enjoy the beauty of your yard.
- Very easy to apply;
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors.
I.G. Regulator Natural Termite Spray – An Efficient Product on up to 1000 Sq Ft
- Pyridine 1.30%
- I.G. Regulator is for use in kennels, doghouses, carpet, furniture, food and non-food warehouses, restaurants, non-food areas, food-serving areas, and...
- 1 ounce per gallon of water
- Active Ingredient: Pyriproxyfen 1.3%
- Yield: 1 oz. of mixed concentrate covers approx. 1,000 sq. ft. of carpet or flooring
- Item Weight: 4 ounces
- Product Dimensions LxWxH: 7 x 2 x 9 inches
- Target Species: Fleas, Roaches, Ants and other insects
If you are busy, you need a spray for termites that you can use once and then forget about for a few months or years. I.G. Regulator can keep termites away for at least 7 months. So if you use it in the middle of the year, you might not have to use it again until the next year.
It’s cheap because you only need one ounce of the product per gallon of water. This amount will cover at least 1000 square feet. So, even a small bottle is enough to clean the whole house and yard.
The termite spray is also effective because it stops larvae from growing. It kills the termite larvae, so they can’t hatch and grow up into full-grown termites.
- Among other pests, it kills termites, gnats, and mosquitoes;
- For at least seven months, it keeps termites away.
- It’s cheap because you only need to mix one ounce of the product with something else.
Frequently Ask Questions
How to Choose the Best Termite Spray
When buying pesticides, it’s important to read the instructions on the label or in the manual that comes with the product. With some products, there is a nozzle on the can that lets you spray the solution that is ready to use. These sprays have everything in them.
But with some other choices, you have to use a tank sprayer and dilute the chemical. In this case, you need to mix the solution with water according to the directions on the label and then use a second tank sprayer to put the product on the damaged areas.
When you use a commercial grade termite killer, you should know what safety steps to take. Because it is a chemical, you must follow the strictest safety rules. When using a pesticide to kill termites, here are some things you should and shouldn’t do:
- Try not to eat while you are using the spray.
- If the pest control is happening inside, make sure all food is covered.
- When you spray the pesticide, close all the windows and doors.
- Open the windows and doors after three or four hours to let air into the house.
- After you get rid of the termites, give the house a thorough cleaning.
- Also, keep in mind that some treatments could hurt your skin. When working with a termiticide, it is important to wear protective gear if the manufacturer says to do so. If you are doing the treatment outside, you shouldn’t spray in the area where there are fruits, vegetables, and other food items.
How Much Does The Spray For Termites Cost?
Different brands of termite pesticides have different prices. The price may also change based on how much of the product you buy. So, you need to buy a pesticide that doesn’t break your budget. If the termites keep coming back to your house even after you get rid of them, choose a pesticide that can be used more than once or one that works better.
How Often Should Wood Treatment Such As Termite Sprays Be Used?
Depending on the pesticide you choose, you may need to use the spray more than once. Since it is a chemical, the label must tell you everything you need to know about how to use it.
So, you’ll find advice that says, for example, you should use the spray once every two weeks or once every three months. Follow the instructions on the package to make sure the product is safe and works well.
When Should You Spray To Kill Termites?
You can spray such pesticides at any time of the year. But if the bugs keep coming back after a while, you’ll have to spray chemicals even in the winter, when you wouldn’t expect those bugs to be out and about. This is because you can predict how they will act in the winter, but not in the summer.
If you can stop the termites from getting in during the winter, you might solve the problem for good, and they might not come back for a long time.