Places, where we eat, are particularly sensitive to both bugs and chemicals. A fly-infested restaurant would not last long. In food service, you need efficient, non-toxic, and aesthetic solutions – here’s where to get started. In this article, we cover the top 7 best restaurant fly traps on the market. So, stay tuned!
For a long time, pesticides were the primary method to eliminate flies from domestic, public, and commercial areas. However, that solution wasn’t ideal, as it hurts humans and the environment along with the bugs.
- 2 The 7 Best Restaurant Fly Traps
- 4 Restaurant Fly Traps – Conclusion
The 7 Best Restaurant Fly Traps
This is a carefully selected list of the most popular, effective, and safe to use restaurant fly traps. All of them are rather decorative and discreet so they can be used in restaurants.
You can use one of them, a number of units, or a mix of these solutions in tandem for best results. This would depend on the nature of your setup, its area, location, and whether it’s an indoor or outdoor space.
1.Gardner WS 85 Wall Sconce Fly Light
- Quiet And Discreet: Trap flies and other insects discreetly instead of the typical loud buzzing and popping sounds bugs collect quietly on the...
- Decorative And Effective Design: The v-shaped design of the WS 85 is made to blend into the background so customers do not notice your fly control...
- Easy To Mount: The fly trap is a simple one-man install job which allows for flexible mounting locations
The V-shaped Gardner WS 85 lights are perfectly suited for the elegant interiors of restaurants and cafes. They come in white or gold vein carbon steel housing, that measures 24” L x 12.5” W x 5.5” D, which is perfect for most spaces.
The interior of the Gardner lights has a 15-W UV light bulb, that covers an area of approximately 900 sq. ft. It’s best to place these fixtures 5-6 feet above the ground, in places where they wouldn’t get too much competing light from the outside.
Flies are naturally attracted to UV light and warmth, and once they venture inside the fixtures, they get trapped on the internal glue boards. These concealed boards remain active for about 60 days, or until they fill up with glued-in bugs.
The Gardner WS 85 fixtures range from $100 to $115 depending on which material you choose. They come with a 5-year limited warranty, which is a good feature. And they’re compliant with the FDA and USDA which is an even better feature.
- Works Fast – This fast-acting traps eliminate fruit fly infestations. You should notice a dramatic decrease in fruit fly populations within a few...
- Long-Lasting Lure – The ready-to-use, non-staining lure attracts adult fruit flies. Each trap lasts up to 45 days, giving you up to 90 days of...
- Discreet Design – The attractive, apple-shaped trap design will look at home in any kitchen. It also blends in with the fruit these pests love
Bamboo always adds warmth and a touch of exotic elegance wherever it’s placed. This discrete fly trap looks like a decorative item that can be placed anywhere. It’s a stand-alone piece, so it’s totally versatile and free from the hassles of mounting.
You can place the Naturale fly trap almost anywhere, indoor or outdoor. It measures 12.8” W x 10” D x 4.5”, which is a nice compact size that fits in all kinds of spaces. The 18-W Lynx lamp inside this fixture is quite effective at drawing flies and keeping them away from the tables of the restaurant.
It’s worth noting that the Naturale is a bit on the pricey side compared to similar discrete fly traps, but its versatility, aesthetics, and performance justify the price tag.
3.Trappify Indoor Window Corner Disposable Fly Traps
- VALUE SET: Available in 4, 8 and 12 packs to of fruit fly traps for indoors. Designed to attract house flies, mosquito, knat, gnats, along with many...
- EASY TO USE: Just simply open the wrap of our fly catcher, fold panels into place, remove the protective paper from the glue strip, and lastly apply...
- LONG LASTING: Our bug indoor trap with a double strength adhesive secures a reliable and lasting application with every use and utilizes sticky glue...
Sometimes, placing a discrete fly trap light fixture on the wall isn’t that easy. Many restaurants prefer to fill the walls with paintings or have other decorative motifs. The window corners can be the perfect place for a discrete fly trap.
The Trappify indoor window corner traps attracts flies from every direction and keeps them stuck on the internal glue board, where they are kept out of sight.
The Trappify traps are inexpensive, but still extremely effective and non-toxic. There are also some discounts on larger packs.
4. Gardner GT-215 Slim Profile Wall Mounted Adhesive Trap
- EL-60 White Glue Boards - 1 pack contains 10 sticky glue boards
- Traps flies and other insects discreetly, instead of the typical loud buzzing and popping sounds, bugs are collected quietly on the included non-toxic...
- For use in Gardner GT-200, WS-85, WS-95 and various other manufacturers traps
This slim streamlined fixture is a powerful fly trap capable of covering up to 1,500 sq ft. It’s perfectly suited for open-plan dining areas, food prep, and kitchens, in addition to any warehouses where the presence of bugs is not allowed.
Despite the evident capabilities of the Gardner GT-215, it’s not a huge device. It measures 18.5” W x 12” H x 2.3” D. There are two 15-W UV lights inside the housing to attract the bugs, plus a 9” x 16.75 ” Universal Glue Board. For ease of maintenance, the glue board comes out via a roller guide system.
You can get this fixture for around $170, which is a fair price, considering its high coverage. In most cases, you’d only need one unit, but if your space set up requires more, then you’d probably get a volume discount.
5. Gardner GT-200 Fly Light Trap
- EL-62 Black Glue Boards - 1 pack contains 10 sticky glue boards
- Traps insects discreetly. Bugs are collected on the included sticky glue board
- For use in Gardner GT-180, GT-200, GT-215, MX 360
The dining areas of restaurants aren’t the only places where flying insects should be off-limits. The kitchen and food prep areas are also locations where flies can’t be tolerated at all. These are often open spaces with large areas. Anos most of the walls are usually occupied by shelves or cabinets.
That’s why the Gardner GT-200 would fit in perfectly in that setup. A single unit is capable of covering 1,800 sq ft. It comes with two 25-W UV lights, which attract flies from all around the kitchen. The placement of these lights in the front of the GT-200 increases the efficiency of the device far more than similar devices with concealed lights.
The glue board of the GT-200 can be seen through the openings of the front panel, which is a fundamental reason why it can’t be used in dining areas. This isn’t a problem in the kitchen though.
This unit is worth around $200, and it comes with a 5-year warranty. It has the recognition of the FDA, USDA, and UL.
6. Gardner UTC-15 Fly Lights
- Genuine FlyWeb Classic Replacement Bulb: Gardner's EL-22 insect light trap is the exclusive and authentic replacement bulb 13801 for FlyWeb Classic....
- Effortless Replacement: Our user-friendly design makes swapping out UV light bulbs a simple task, requiring no specialized expertise or tools. We've...
- Coverage area: Fly Web replacement bulb is a powerful yet energy efficient 9 watt bulb. The nine watts covers about 600 square feet of effective...
Not all restaurants have the luxury of wide walls or suspended ceilings, and the space to mount a discreet fly trap might not be readily available. In that case, you should consider the Gardner UTC-15 fly lights. They’re as versatile as they get.
Here are some of the locations where you can attach these compact units:
- On narrow walls (vertically or horizontally)
- On any flat surface
- Under counters
- Under bars
- On countertops
- In corridors and hallways
- Near waste disposal spots
These fixtures are available in various colors, and you can get them for around $80. They come with a 5-year warranty, and there are some discounts on color and volume purchases.
7. Catchmaster Disposable Fly Trap
- SUPER EFFECTIVE OUTDOOR FLY CONTROL: Our Pro Series Disposable Fly Bag Traps have a catch capacity of up to 30,000 flies and are 100% larger than...
- SIMPLE SCREW TOP COVER: This fly catcher trap is easy to use. Just unscrew the lid, add water, and hang! No cutting of the bag is necessary as it...
- FOR OUTDOOR USE ONLY: Keep the fly traps outdoor, where the flies belong! Pro Series Disposable Fly Bag Traps should be installed in sunny areas, as...
Finally, we come to the loading docks and waste disposal spots. Both of these locations are notorious for gathering and even breeding flies. A disposable fly trap, or a number of them, placed strategically around these ‘buzzing’ locations is essential for keeping the premises clean.
The Catchmaster doesn’t contain harmful chemicals, and it’s quite safe to hang outdoors. It’s easy to install, as you only need to add water and hang it in a proper spot. When it expires, you can dispose of it whole. These traps are quite economic and highly effective.
Restaurant Fly Traps – Conclusion
- CATCH PESKY BUGS: Trap mosquitoes, gnats, flies, horse fly, housefly, nat, lantern fly, knat, and many other irritating flying insect with this...
- PROTECT YOUR HOUSE: Hanging hook lets you place the trap anywhere near common bug infested areas in your home to lure, and catch all pests. Try...
- THE GREAT OUTDOORS: Perfect for porches, garage, patios, gardens, stable, lawn, chicken coop, and any popular hotbeds for flying insects to keep them...
Flies are resourceful little creatures that often seem to find a way to entertain themselves in any residential, commercial, or dining area. Getting rid of them often involves using harmful chemicals, pesticides, or unsightly mechanical devices.
CLICK HERE to browse our complete selection of highly effective, non-toxic fly traps!