Raid sticky fly traps are the first thing we think of when we see a fly. Take a look at our complete review, as well as some alternatives.
Every spring and summer our house gets bombarded by flies. It’s impossible to get through the summer without having some kind of product to drive away these pesky minibeasts.
Let’s get started!
- 1 Overview of Raid Sticky Fly Traps
- 2 Pros of Raid Sticky Fly Traps
- 3 Cons of Raid Sticky Sticky Fly Traps
- 4 Alternatives for Raid Sticky Fly Traps
- 5 Raid Sticky Fly Traps – Wrap Up
Overview of Raid Sticky Fly Traps
- Traps Flies, Gnats, Moths and Other Flying Insects
- Transparent on Windows
- Contains no Insecticides
Raid’s window fly traps are as simple as can be. They’re basically a thin plastic sheet that you place on a glass window or door. One of the sheet’s sides is so sticky that it attracts and traps flying insects.
To use it, peel the thin protective red strip on the back of the sheet and press the sticky side to the window. Then, you peel off the wider strip on the front side to expose the super sticky glue side.
It’s an affordable product that does its job effectively. It’s affordable and found in many stores, both online and offline.
Pros of Raid Sticky Fly Traps
There are quite a few reasons why we like to use this product in our house. Here are some of the most notable advantages of using Raid’s sticky window fly traps:
Works With Different Types of Flying Insects
Raid window fly trap attracts and traps different types of flying insects. You can use it to get rid of fruit flies, gnats, wasps, moths, and many other flying insects. You can even use it to catch mosquitoes.
That being the case, you won’t have to buy different products for different types of insects. It saves all that money.
Just place it in the area where you usually get the most insects and watch those little beasts get caught.
Doesn’t Damage the Window
You don’t have to worry about Raid sticky sheets scratching or damaging your windows or glass doors. The sticky side facing the window is super easy to remove.
However, this product is meant to be used on glass windows and doors only. It’s not written on the instructions if it can be used on other surfaces.
Odorless and Contains No Insecticides
For that reason, it’s safe to use in any room, including your kid’s room. Also, you don’t have to worry about using it near animals. It’s safe for them, too.
Try to keep them out of your pets’ reach if you know they might try to chew or eat them, though.
Affordable and Lasts for Months
Raid window fly trap is budget-friendly. One pack of this comes with four sticky sheets. And each sheet lasts at least three months.
Cons of Raid Sticky Sticky Fly Traps
Although we like this product a lot, there are some things that we think you might dislike when using it for the first time.
Doesn’t Stand Hot Temperatures
However, when it gets too hot, it might not be very efficient. High heat softens the glue, allowing flies to jump off. But, by nighttime when the weather gets cooler, it should work well again.
It also might not work the best in cold temperatures. When the glue is too cool it can’t hold the flies as well as it should.
Too Sticky to Remove
The side that sticks to the window is easy to remove. The problem is with the side that traps the flies. It’s too sticky and you can get some of the glue on your fingers. You can avoid that by removing it using gloves or paper towels.
Keep in mind that the product can leave a sticky residue behind. Though, it’s not too hard to clean. You can clean it with a sponge and soap.
Not Pretty When It Fills Up
Since this is a transparent sticky trap, you can see all the captured flies on it. You might not like the sight of it. It can also be unpleasant for your guests.
If this bothers you, try replacing the traps on a frequent basis.
Alternatives for Raid Sticky Fly Traps
Raid, of course, isn’t the only brand that makes fly traps. If you’re looking for alternatives, here are some great options:
Faicuk Clear Window Fly Traps
- Premium Material - Window fly trap is made of high quality non-toxic adhesive and waterproof paper. Ensures window sticker removes easily without...
- Environmental Protection - Insecticide-free, pesticides-free, no smells and no toxins, indoor fly traps is a good solution to house flies. Safer to...
- Clear & Effective - Transparent flies sticky traps on sliding doors and windows will not affect your sight. Since it not easily discovered, flies and...
This is a similar product to the Raid window fly trap. It’s made of a non-toxic adhesive and contains no insecticide or pesticides.
Catchmaster Bug & Fly Clear Window Fly Traps
- READY TO USE: Bug & Fly Clear Window Traps are waterproof, easy-to-apply, disposable, non-toxic and chemical-free. For best use, peel off the thin...
- YEAR ROUND PROTECTION: Catchmaster glue traps are safe, non-toxic and no-mess. An effective alternative to standalone glue boards that may not hold up...
- HOME & FAMILY SAFE: Designed to help you keep your family protected and safe from unwanted pests in your home, Catchmaster's glue traps are intuitive,...
This is another sticky sheet product. Just like the Raid and Faicuk products, this is a transparent sheet that you place on a window or any flat surface and it catches different types of flies.
It’s non-toxic and easy to use. It’s best to place it on a window that gets natural light to attract the flies.
This product might be more expensive than the Raid and Faicuk options, but the package comes with 48 sticky strips.
Kensizer Window Fly Trap
- No Trace Left - After peeling it off, there's nothing sticky will be left on the window, it will absolutely keep your window clean.
- Clean and Transparent - It will not affect the light transmittance of window, and not easily be spotted by the flies.
- Strong Viscosity - Adopting specially designed glue of no chemical and no pollution, there is no way to escape once the flies stick on it.
Katchy Indoor Fly Trap
- Triple trapping power, first the UV light attracts the bug then the fan sucks it in and the sticky glue boards trap it. No Zapper.
- Subtle and stylish fruit fly, gnat and mosquito killer, no more ugly traps, easily place in your home, kitchen or office as a decorative, stylish...
- Trap indoors, close to insect-ridden fruit, plants or trash bin, turn off lights for best results.
If you don’t like the concept of sticky window fly traps, you should consider the Katchy indoor fly trap. The trap features a bright UV light that helps attract flies. The bugs are then drawn in by the fan and stick to the glue board.
You can run this product with peace of mind at night as there’s no zapper. It‘s also easy to replace the glue board.
And the best thing about this product is that it looks modern and chic. It comes in two colors: white and black.
Catchmaster Sticky Fly Traps Ribbon
- EASY-TO-USE - Pull cord slowly with twirling motion. If very cold warm up tube.
- LONG LASTING - This Catchmaster Sticky Fly Trap will last the entire season!
- INDOOR OR OUTDOOR USE - Our long, sticky ribbon catches over 100 flies per ribbon and can used inside or outside
Catchmaster sticky fly trap ribbon can be another option for you if you don’t like the window traps. This product is great for both indoor and outdoor use.
It’s easy to use. Just follow the instructions on the packaging. One ribbon of this can last you the whole season.
Raid Sticky Fly Traps – Wrap Up
We recommend Raid window fly traps as an effective solution to get rid of those annoying flying insects that ruin our summer. It’s a very simple product that does exactly what it’s supposed to do.
If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly alternative, consider the Catchmaster sticky fly trap, and if you’re not fond of window traps in general and you’re in search of a permanent solution, consider the Katchy indoor fly trap.
CLICK HERE to browse our complete selection of fly traps!