This is where this pet friendly fly killers guide comes in handy! Today, we’ll walk you through brief overviews of the best available options on the market that are both effective on flies and safe for pets. Let’s dive in!
Getting rid of flies and pests can be a daunting task, especially if you have pets. On one hand, you want a highly effective solution that is capable of killing these annoying pests. On the other hand, you don’t want a highly toxic material that can harm your lovely pets in the process.
- 1 Top 5 Pet Friendly Fly Killers on the Market
- 1.1 1. Wondercide Indoor Pest Control Spray for Home and Kitchen – Best Overall
- 1.2 2. Raid Essentials MultiInsect Killer Spray Bottle – Best for Budget
- 1.3 3. EcoSMART Flying Insect Killer Aerosol – Best Indoor Aerosol
- 1.4 4. Trappify Bug & Fly Clear Window Fly Traps – Best Window Traps
- 1.5 5. Brison Plug-in Bug Zapper Home Electric Insect Trap – Best Indoor Plug-in Zapper
- 2 Pet Friendly Fly Killers – Tips to Maximize the Benefit and Safety of the Fly Killers
- 3 Pet Friendly Fly Killers – Final Verdict
Top 5 Pet Friendly Fly Killers on the Market
1. Wondercide Indoor Pest Control Spray for Home and Kitchen – Best Overall
Let’s start with one of the most efficient and safest pest control sprays out there, the Wondercide Spray is highly effective against a large variety of flying as well as crawling insects all the while staying ultra-safe for pets and children.
One of the things that makes Wondercide special is that all the active ingredients that kill and repel insects are made of natural essential oils and organic ingredients, such as cedarwood oil.
Another unique aspect of the fly killer is that it has a tolerable lovely scent. For example, this one has lemongrass oil as an ingredient, so it’s lemongrass-scented. However, there are other fly killers with various scents, such as cedar, rosemary, and peppermint.
The fly killer is available in various sizes, ranging from 4 ounces all the way to 1 gallon (128 ounces).
- Highly effective against flies and other insects
- Easy to use
- Available in various sizes and scents
- A bit pricey
2. Raid Essentials MultiInsect Killer Spray Bottle – Best for Budget
Raid is one of the biggest Insecticide brands out there that produce highly effective products against pests. However, the original Raid spray is harmful to pets, children, and even humans to a certain extent.
Luckily, the company has produced a new line of safe products that are made of plant-based materials and essential oils that are tested and found highly effective against a wide range of flying animals, including house flies and mosquitos.
The MultiInsect Killer Spray is remarkably safe to apply around pets and children. The spray is incredibly easy to apply, so you won’t find a hard time following the instructions to keep it 100% safe.
The best part about this spray is that it’s extremely affordable and costs almost a fraction of what some natural fly killers would set you back.
The only downside about this product is that it requires heavy ventilation during use because it can trigger an allergic reaction to susceptible people or pets.
- An excellent pick for buyers on a strict budget
- Highly effective against a wide range of insects
- Comes with Raid’s Money-Back policy for a worry-free purchase
- Has a strong smell and can be unsuitable for those with heavy allergies
3. EcoSMART Flying Insect Killer Aerosol – Best Indoor Aerosol
If you prefer the convenience and continuous release of aerosol cans over regular sprays, you might want to give this product a try.
The EcoSMART aerosol is a competent flying insect killer that is capable of keeping your house free of house flies and some other insects like mosquitoes and gnats to a lesser extent.
The aerosol has a strong peppermint smell which might not be pleasant to everyone but it’s safe and mild on pets and children.
One promise that the EcoSMART aerosol really keeps is the fast killing. Ideally, insects might not last longer than a few seconds before they’re falling dead after spraying it directly over them.
Once again, you need to keep in mind that it does have a strong peppermint smell that can be quite irritating for some, so it’s recommended that you maintain good ventilation and keep the windows open after spraying it.
- Convenient spraying method
- Safe to use around pets and children
- Quite fast when applied directly on flies
- Requires ventilation due to its strong peppermint smell
4. Trappify Bug & Fly Clear Window Fly Traps – Best Window Traps
This one is a completely different approach to get rid of flies in your house, and while it doesn’t instantly kill them, it can help you eliminate their presence in the house altogether. Meanwhile, they’re completely safe and non-toxic for pets.
One of the best things about these sticky fly traps is that they’re equally effective against almost all flying insects, even the resistant ones like gnats.
These traps are simple strips of waterproof paper that are covered with adhesive and material that attract flying insects. But don’t you worry, both of these materials are non-toxic and safe for pets.
All you have to do is place these traps near windows and at spots where the flying insects fly around frequently and enter your house.
Another guarantee of safety is that you can hang them higher than your pet’s reach. Once the strip is filled with insects, simply remove it and apply a fresh one in the same spot.
- Completely non-toxic and doesn’t have any strong smell or sound
- Doesn’t require ventilation
- Ultra effective against flies without endangering pets
- You’ll have to remove the insect-filled traps and replace them with a new one frequently
5. Brison Plug-in Bug Zapper Home Electric Insect Trap – Best Indoor Plug-in Zapper
Fly zappers are highly effective against multiple species of flying insects around the house, such as flies, gnats, mosquitos, and moths!
What we like about the Brison bug zapper is that it’s a plug-in design, so you only need to plug it in to establish a flies-free zone around the clock.
The smart design of these insect traps makes them highly effective against flies but safe on pets, as the LED lights are protected with a plastic cage with openings that is too small for paws to pass through but large enough for insects to be lured in.
Additionally, the zapper has a voltage of 110 volts and 3.5 watts, which is more than enough to kill insects but won’t hurt larger animals.
This one is a perfect solution for anyone who won’t mind some popping noises throughout the day but doesn’t want any chemicals or strange odors in the house.
- Safe for pets while staying highly effective on flies
- Super simple plug-in design
- Can operate every day of the year
- It will make a few pops throughout the day as it zaps the insects
Pet Friendly Fly Killers – Tips to Maximize the Benefit and Safety of the Fly Killers
Here are some extra tips to help you increase the efficiency and/or the safety of these fly killers:
- Combine different techniques together for added efficiency
- Whenever possible, keep pets and children away for the first few minutes
- Check the ingredients for any possible allergic reactions
Pet Friendly Fly Killers – Final Verdict
There you have it! With this complete market overview of the best pet-friendly fly killers, you’ll be able to get rid of them without risking your beloved pet’s health in the process.
Ideally, we pick the Wondercide Indoor Pest Control Spray as the best overall option because it’s highly effective and comes in a wide range of scents and sizes.
However, if you’re looking for something a little less costly, you won’t go wrong with the Raid Essentials MultiInsect Killer Spray Bottle. This one will help you to safely eradicate all the flying insects without costing you an arm and a leg!
CLICK HERE to shop our complete selection of pet safe pest control options!