Want to learn more about non toxic fly traps? Most commercial fly traps lure insects with an irresistible chemical smell. Although this technique is extremely effective, as a result, you can’t use it if you suffer from any respiratory ailments like asthma and seasonal allergies.
Besides, these chemical fumes might be hazardous for pets and young kids. Luckily, you don’t have to keep using primitive fly swatters. In this post, I’ll introduce 7 non toxic fly traps that you can use indoors, and not have to worry about any respiratory or allergic complications.
- 1 1. Eon Luxe Indoor Non-Toxic Fly Trap: Best for Small Flies
- 2 2. Trappify Non-Toxic TrapStik for Flies: Best Design
- 3 3. Trappify Sticky Non-Toxic Fly Trap: Best for Indoor Use
- 4 4. Trappify Clear Window Non-Toxic Fly Trap: Most Discreet
- 5 5. FARNAM EZ Non-Toxic Fly Trap: The Largest
- 6 6. Gardner FlyWeb Classic Non-Toxic Fly Light: Most Compact
- 7 7. Gideal Dual-Sided Non-Toxic Fly Traps: Honorable Mention
- 8 Non Toxic Fly Traps – Final Verdict
1. Eon Luxe Indoor Non-Toxic Fly Trap: Best for Small Flies
- Nontoxic, chemical-free. The UV light attracts the mosquito, bug, fruit fly, or gnat, then the whisper quiet fan pulls it in, and the glue boards trap...
- Our catcher traps fruit fly, gnat and mosquito quietly - no more visually unsightly sticky traps or loud scary zappers. Our device blends right into...
- Place this trap indoors, near areas that gnats like to hang out such as near indoor plants, fruit, and sink area. Works best in low light, so leave it...
At first glance, the Eon Luxe fly trap may seem like an electrical bug zapper, rather than a traditional sticky trap. In reality, it works just like any sticky fly trap, except that it features two accessories that make it way more effective, and this is helpful.
The first accessory is a UV lamp that sits at the top of the unit and, as a result, lures flies within an area of 320 square feet.
Once the flies enter the system, for instance, a whisper-quiet fan pulls them down onto a sticky glue pad, and to make sure no flies can escape the unit the bottom part is covered with a fine-mesh cage.
There will be no smell or zaps with such an ingenious system, and this makes it one of the best fly traps for a peaceful indoor environment.
The unit comes with six glue boards, which should last for 3–6 months, and you can buy more boards in packs of eight.
- 100% chemical-free
- Stylish design
- Lures flies with a fan and a UV light
- Wide effective range
- Doesn’t catch large flies
- Must be plugged into the wall
2. Trappify Non-Toxic TrapStik for Flies: Best Design
- CATCH PESKY BUGS: Trap mosquitoes, gnats, flies, horse fly, housefly, nat, lantern fly, knat, and many other irritating flying insect with this...
- PROTECT YOUR HOUSE: Hanging hook lets you place the trap anywhere near common bug infested areas in your home to lure, and catch all pests. Try...
- THE GREAT OUTDOORS: Perfect for porches, garage, patios, gardens, stable, lawn, chicken coop, and any popular hotbeds for flying insects to keep them...
While most fly traps lure flies with chemical scent, the Trappify stick does so with a colorful pattern that, supposedly, flies can’t resist, which is a good thing.
Although this technology sounds really promising, there’s no way to tell whether insects fly willingly towards it, or they just stick to the adhesive surface if it gets in the way. Regardless, this trap actually works!
The best thing about this trap is that the sticky surface doesn’t feature any toxic chemicals. Instead, the flies will automatically die after they exhaust themselves.
On the downside, because the adhesive surface is left out in the open, it can stick to your pets’ hair if they get too close. But, as long as you hang it high enough, they should be fine.
- Gives off no scents
- Large enough to catch many flies
- Reasonably priced
- Not pet-friendly
3. Trappify Sticky Non-Toxic Fly Trap: Best for Indoor Use
- Pest Control: Dual sided sticky bug cards for mosquito, leafminer, aphid, and other flying pest problems. Protect your best inside plant from fungus...
- Easy To Use: Peel off a trap from the stack and place in a houseplant, a home kitchen, or a garden. Highly rated zapper catchers to finally protect...
- Organic Gardening: Safe way to remove small pests with non toxic and no harsh ingredients. Fruit Flies, Gnats and other small flying insects are...
This Trappify trap works just like any classic sticky trap. The unique thing about it is the design.
Instead of opting for the classic square board, Trappify puts the sticky glue on top of cute flower silhouettes. This way, these traps can fit anywhere around your house, which won’t attract too much attention.
Each silhouette has a small glue-free triangle attached to the bottom, so you can safely hold the trap or push it inside your plants’ pots.
Though I like how cute these traps look, I think they’d be hazardous for kids. Even if you hang them high enough, they’ll still seem too enticing for mischievous kids.
I also wish the traps were just a tad bigger. They do catch flies, but you’ll need to replace them more often than classic traps, which can get expensive.
- Can be placed next to plants
- Cute design
- Convenient to use
- Should’ve been bigger to catch more flies
- Not suitable for young kids
4. Trappify Clear Window Non-Toxic Fly Trap: Most Discreet
- VALUE SET: Available in 4, 8 and 12 packs to of fruit fly traps for indoors. Designed to attract house flies, mosquito, knat, gnats, along with many...
- EASY TO USE: Just simply open the wrap of our fly catcher, fold panels into place, remove the protective paper from the glue strip, and lastly apply...
- LONG LASTING: Our bug indoor trap with a double strength adhesive secures a reliable and lasting application with every use and utilizes sticky glue...
If you don’t want anyone to know that you have flies in your house, the Trappify window trap should be your best bet.
It’s designed as a transparent film that sticks on your windows with a small adhesive strip placed on the back surface. I like that this strip leaves no sticky residue after you remove it, and you can just flick it off the glass without any pulling.
The front surface is where the powerful glue lies. Trappify keeps the uppermost part free of glue, which is so you can easily grip the trap to remove it.
In terms of performance, this trap is insanely effective! It’s so sticky that it can catch roaches, moths, and pretty much all house insects. Besides, you can hide it underneath the curtains if you don’t wish to stare at dead insects all day long.
- Gives off no scent
- Extremely sticky; will catch any insect
- Discreet design
- May not be safe for kids and pets
5. FARNAM EZ Non-Toxic Fly Trap: The Largest
- 2 Packs Of 12 Oz. Ez Fly Traps
- Traps More Flies With No Fly Trap Odor and Lasting Rainproof Adhesive
- Unique, Compact Design Offers Large Trapping Surface In A Compact Trap
If you have a serious fly infestation in your home, it’d be hard to find a non-toxic trap better than this one.
Each trap is designed as a 7-inch-long cylinder that weighs 12 ounces. The cylinder itself isn’t smooth — it gives off six vertical flaps in all directions. This design increases the glue’s surface area, which is why it can catch lots of flies.
I also like that there’s a top handle for convenient use. For instance, you may want to hang it from the ceiling if you have pets or young kids.
- Large design with a board surface area
- Perfect for large patios, backyards, and seriously infested homes
- Equipped with a handle for convenient use
- Not suitable for pets and young kids
6. Gardner FlyWeb Classic Non-Toxic Fly Light: Most Compact
- Easy to use – The Gardner FlyWeb Classic attracts and gets rid of flying pests without the use of harmful chemicals. Clean-up is a breeze, just...
- Starts working Immediately – Simply remove the adhesive cover from the glue card, insert it into unit, plug in and watch as the Fly Web Classic...
- Compact and Silent- The compact design allows you to discreetly rid your home, office, or restaurant of flying insects without anyone noticing. All...
The Gardner FlyWeb trap is composed of two parts: the main unit and the glue board.
For instance, the main unit has a 9-watt UV lamp installed underneath a plastic barrier. The uppermost part of the unit has a small indent, and this is where the glue board fits. I like this design, because the light shines really well onto the board, thus making it more enticing for flies.
On the downside, the lamp makes a subtle noise when you plug the unit into the wall. It’s not noticeable, but it can drive you crazy if you have a strong hearing sense (aka hyperacusis).
- Highly effective
- Safe for pets
- Stylish design
- The lamp may buzz subtly, as a result it can be annoying
7. Gideal Dual-Sided Non-Toxic Fly Traps: Honorable Mention
- Effective 20 Pack Sticky. Specially designed for flying plant pests. Great for outdoor plant or houseplant.
- Great for attracts whiteflies, fungus gnats, blackflies, thrips, fruit flies, midges and other flying insects.
- Made of ECO friendly materials, safe and Non-toxic, product contain no pesticides and are safe to use indoors and outdoors.
I couldn’t wrap up my list without suggesting an old-fashioned fly trap board, so here you go.
Gideal is my favorite brand in that category, because they really give the best bang for your buck. Each package contains 30Pcs of 6”x8” boards, 30 twist ties, and 2 board holders.
You can mount the boards directly on the holders if you want to protect your indoor plants, or you can attach the boards to your fence to catch flies in your backyard, and this may be simpler.
- Highly affordable
- Catches a lot of flies
- Comes with everything you need for hassle-free use
- Not suitable for pets and young kids
Non Toxic Fly Traps – Final Verdict
Personally, I think the Trappify Clear Window Sheet is the best non-toxic fly trap on the market, because not only is it super sticky, but you can also keep it hidden behind your curtains. As a result, avoiding undue embarrassment. Stay safe, and good luck with your fly traps!