There are plenty of moth traps at Lowe’s, but when you’ve got an emerging moth issue, you want to make sure you get a trap that finishes the job. Moths are pesky insects that can damage fibrous materials like cloth and wood.
We searched through moth traps and rounded them up so you can quickly decide what works best for you. Not sure exactly what you need? Keep reading, and we’ll walk you through how to decide on the right trap.
- 1 Moth Traps at Lowe’s That Get the Job Done
- 2 Choosing the Best Lowe’s Moth Trap for You
- 3 So, What Moth Trap Should You Buy?
Moth Traps at Lowe’s That Get the Job Done
When you’ve got moths destroying your items, they need to be gone soon. We’ve done the work to find the most reliable Lowe’s moth traps, so you can grab them on your next run and put an end to your moth problem.
Best Sticky Moth Trap: Raid Fly Ribbon Indoor/Outdoor Insect Trap
- Catches over 100 flies per ribbon
- Catches & Kills flying insects
- Pre-baited with no insecticides
Raid’s fly ribbons are a simple and classic solution to pest issues. You only need to unwind the inner sticky tape-like ribbon and hang the product for moths or other flying pests to get trapped. These are a great solution if you’re not a fan of pesticides.
If you’re frequently bothered by moths and other flying pests, this trap will offer you relief. The ribbon can catch up to 100 insects from its hanging perch.
Unfortunately, these traps aren’t catered directly to moths. While they’ll work for areas where moths are flying around in high numbers, you won’t be trapping any that don’t wander close.
- Fly ribbons are a high-volume trap that can handle multiple pests
- Easy to set up
- Pesticide-free solution
- Not specifically catered to moths
- Fly ribbons don’t attract bugs directly to them
Best Pantry Moth Trap: LIGHTSMAX Indoor/Outdoor Insect Trap
- POWERFUL BUGS, MOSQUITO & GNAT ZAPPER: Protect your family from bites and diseases caused by bugs, mosquito, gnat, flies, fleas and other insects with...
- 100% SAFE & CHEMICAL FREE: LIGHTSMAX Ultimate Insect Zapper is proven and tested safe for pets, pregnant women, kids and even babies. You can now get...
- COMPACT, DURABLE AND ALL AROUND ZAPPER: You read it right, this is a mosquito zapper for residential, commercial and industrial use! It can protect...
If you’re looking for a great pantry moth trap at Lowe’s, LIGHTSMAX has a stylish and powerful solution. These moth traps feature a pop-up design and are easy to place on your counter or in the back of shelves.
The inner walls have a sticky, pesticide-free glue that traps moths. The glue also contains moth pheromones to lure the pests and bring a swift end to your issue.
If you’re dealing with a large infestation of moths, these traps may not be your best bet. They don’t have a very high capacity for the number of moths each trap can catch. It can still handle your average issue, and the multiple in the pack should ensure an average homeowner’s peace of mind.
- Very easy to set up and pre-lured
- These traps are tailor-made for multiple species of moths
- The traps have a stylish outer design
- A pesticide-free solution, safe for food prep areas
- Inner glue may not be as sticky as other brands
- Not the highest-capacity traps for serious infestations
Best Electric Moth Trap: BLACK+DECKER 26-Watt Electric Bug Zapper
- RELAX IN YOUR YARD ONCE AGAIN WITHOUT THOSE BOTHERSOME INSECTS- This Mosquito Zapper attracts flies, mosquitoes, gnats, wasps & other insects killing...
- EFFECTIVE AND SAFE- the UV technology Mosquito eradicator lures bugs for a quick, humane and effective kill both day & night and is safe to use around...
- TWO WAYS TO DISPLAY- Hang the bug zapper with the built-in ring & provided chain or use the sturdy base of the mosquito killer to stand on a table or...
If you’re looking for a moth trap at Lowe’s that offers a strong bite, the electric bug zapper is your satisfying solution. BLACK+DECKER has a zapper with a UV light that attracts moths and other flying pests. The 26-watt zapper is effective and safe for indoor use.
Unlike many other bug zappers, this design is sleek and clean for inside-the-house use. Underneath the light is a removable tray for easy cleaning. Plus, it won’t look unsightly when you haven’t gotten to it yet.
The UV light can be a bit bright for some people, but if you’re comfortable with the extra light, it will deliver in killing your pests.
- Bug zappers are an effective and quick-killing solution for multiple pests
- This zapper is safe for indoor use
- A relatively stylish bug zapper
- Easier to clean than other zappers
- You may find the UV light too bright
- Slightly lower wattage than some other bug zappers, especially if you’re used to outdoor models
Choosing the Best Lowe’s Moth Trap for You
- 4 STEPS TO A MOTH FREE HOME - 1. Deploy Dr. Killigan’s Pantry Moth Traps 2. Find the source of your problem (where are their nests?) and dispose of...
- NOT FOR CLOTHING MOTHS or GYPSY MOTHS. Only EFFECTIVE Against the Indian Meal Moth and Other Food Moths. PROTECTS Your Bird Seed, Pet Food, Whole...
- KILLER DESIGN - Don't settle for industrial, generic, or the out-dated 1970's wood-look other traps provide. Dr. Killigan’s moth traps are dressed...
There are plenty of options for moth traps at Lowe’s, and when you need to have your problem settled, it can seem a little overwhelming. You want to pick the best moth trap for your specific issue to get those pests dealt with.
Here, we’ll walk you through some of the moth trap basics so you can feel sure that you’re covered.
What are the different styles of moth traps?
Moth traps generally come in a few different styles to fit various pest scenarios.
- Glue traps feature a sticky coating that ensnares the moths and other insects. They’re a great pick if you want to catch multiple pests, and they’re often pesticide-free.
- Traps with lures usually work to catch a specific kind of pest. For example, pantry moth traps at Lowe’s will entice those specific moths to it. These are good if you’re hoping to handle one pesky bug and aren’t dealing with multiple infestations.
- Electric zapper traps are a simple and effective way to kill multiple varieties of bugs. They often lure the bugs in with their bright light. They’re a good multi-use tool that is effective in many areas.
Where can I use moth traps?
Moth traps handle pests indoors and outdoors. It’s an important factor to know where you need to set up your moth trap for the best results.
Some traps hang indoors, and these are usually best for flying insects that you expect to bump into if they don’t have a luring aspect. You could hang these in closets or rooms, but make sure they’re somewhere people won’t be bumping into them. The best height for moth traps is around three to six feet.
Other traps can be mounted or stand-alone on other indoor surfaces. These traps are better for shelves, inside cabinets, or if you prefer to keep the air space clear. Many of these traps feature luring properties so that the moths find the trap. Try not to negate your traps that contain lures by placing moth repellent on items nearby.
If you’re planning to use a trap somewhere food is handled, like the kitchen or dining room, you’ll want to make sure your choice is pesticide-free.
If you’re hoping to use your trap outdoors, many Lowe’s moth trap options are dual-use. You’ll still want to double-check that your option specifies outdoor use, as some aren’t weatherproof and won’t be effective.
What type of pests am I hoping to eliminate?
Moths could be just one part of your issue or your main focus.
If you’re dealing with moths, it may help to spend time identifying the specific moths you’re hoping to eliminate. Take a close look at any possible markings or habits, such as where they choose to hide or what they choose to eat. Identification can help you select a trap that lures the correct type of moth.
If you’re hoping to deal with other pests and moths simultaneously, choose a moth trap at Lowe’s that is high-volume and doesn’t have a lure. The lure won’t be useful for anything except the moths, and it’ll be a waste if you’re hoping to catch everything at once in a small trap.
So, What Moth Trap Should You Buy?
- TRAP THEM ALL: Liberate your home with specially engineered traps that lure all common moth species, more effective than some mothballs. Whether they...
- POTENT PHEROMONES: Advanced strength pheromone mixture that entices all pesky moths to their doom. Compare to cedar blocks and moth balls, no need to...
- RECYCLABLE: Traps are made using natural recycled, non scented paper that is better for our planet. No need to spray as our traps work while your...
The best moth trap for you depends on your specific pest problem. Choosing the best moth trap at Lowe’s is simple with these handy tips and categorized selections. No matter what kind of pest issue you’re dealing with, you’re sure to find the solution with one of these powerful picks.
CLICK HERE to browse our complete selection of non-toxic pest control options!