This is the guide to mosquito foggers you didn’t know you needed. Get to know the different types of foggers and choose which one will rid you of the tiny flying vampires in your yard.
Mosquitos are small but mighty. In fact, they’re the deadliest of all the insects around the world, with a headcount of around one million a year.
Although your chances of dying of malaria in the US might be slim, mosquitos are still a pain to deal with. Luckily, mosquito foggers are here to the rescue.
- 1 How to Choose the Right Mosquito Fogger for You
- 2 The 3 Best Mosquito Fogger Options Available Today
- 3 Mosquito Fogger – Final Thoughts
How to Choose the Right Mosquito Fogger for You
Choosing a fogger seems easy; anything to get the mosquitos off your back, right? It’s not as easy as you may think, though.
Here are some factors to consider before going fogger shopping.
There are three types of fogger mechanisms, each with its set of pros and cons. Firstly, there’s the battery-powered fogger, which is fairly swift and effective, but you’ll have to charge it every couple of uses.
The electric motor-powered fogger is just as powerful. However, handling the cord, if it’s corded, and motor maintenance can be unpleasant sometimes.
The propane-powered fogger isn’t one for herculean feats, but it puts up a good fight against the mosquitos. Propane is cheaper than electricity, too, so they’re pretty cost-effective.
Foggers can be single or multi-purposed. You can get a fogger that works perfectly for the basic job of killing insects, or you can get another that is fit for many other uses, such as leaf blowing, disinfecting, and acid bleaching. It all depends on the uses you have in mind.
Size is a big deal when it comes to foggers since it can vary greatly from one fogger to another. You can find some compact, lightweight products that are usually single-use. You can also find large units that are carted or carried as a backpack. Some even need more than one person to steer.
Some foggers are thermal, producing a thick cloudy fog. Others are cold, producing an invisible fog. Seeing the fog makes targeting or avoiding it easier. This makes thermal foggers favorable, especially outdoors. Moreover, a thermal fogger would use less insecticide.
Note, however, that thermal units tend to leave very stubborn oil stains, which would really be a concern indoors.
Cold or ULV foggers are best for the indoors since they have no distressing effect on people or pets. They’re also safer since the fire risk is eliminated.
The 3 Best Mosquito Fogger Options Available Today
Now that you know all about mosquito foggers, it’s time to choose one. Below are the three best mosquito foggers on the market today.
1. Black Flag 190095
- The same effective system used by professionals to kill mosquitoes that may carry the West Nile virus
- Kills and repels mosquitoes, biting files, and flying insects for up to 6 hours
- Enjoy your yard in just 5 minutes with no offensive odor.
The Black Flag mosquito fogger is all about practicality. It’s made of plastic, so it only weighs a few pounds, and it can be stashed easily because of its compact size.
Despite what you might think, this fogger is super durable. The only trouble you could face is a clogged reservoir, so make sure to only use an approved flogging insecticide to avoid that risk.
The Black Flag 190095 is propane-powered, so you won’t need electricity or worry constantly about batteries running out of juice.
The fog is made of tiny particles that spread and penetrate the wildest of places. It has a fairly long-lasting effect. Those mosquitos aren’t creeping anywhere near for six hours straight after using this fogger.
The fogger is easy to use. You start by inserting the propane cylinder in its place and making sure it rests securely. Then, you add one of three insecticides to the reservoir, namely Black Flag, Cutter, or Rebel. Finally, you twist the fuel valve and press the ignite button.
Once it’s on, you let it heat for three minutes and then press the trigger every three to four seconds for the fog to be discharged. The fog wipes out all wandering bloodsuckers and dissipates in less than five minutes.
- Lightweight and sturdy
- There is no smell whatsoever
- Long-lasting fog effect
- Requires manual operation
- Produced dog is very dense
2. Silver Bullet ULV Tri-jet Cold Fogger
- The Silver Bullet is a creative improvement on other ULV foggers on the market. Not only does the Silver Bullet boast a more powerful motor, allowing...
- Some of the many functions include: Mold and Mildew Control, Sterilization/Sanitizer Fogging, Pest Control Fogging, Applying Concrobium Mold Control ,...
- Fogging can be an ideal approach to mold abatement in damp, musty basements, attics, crawlspaces and any large area where mold is a concern. Can...
The mosquitos aren’t ready for this bullet. This unit is made of corrosion-free aluminum, which gives it a shiny look and a robust structure. It works with a motor to automatically pump the insecticide. It’s non-thermal, emitting a cold fog.
To set it up, you just pour the insecticide into its reservoir. You can fill it at around one-third of its capacity to keep it lightweight, then you easily seal the top. After that, adjust the diameter valve, which is a little knob on the side. It controls the degree of mist or the amount of chemical released.
You can then lift the 6-pound fogger with an easy-to-grip handle and turn it on to do its thing. There are three turbines working in different directions so that the spray can reach as far as 40 ft.
The Silver Bullet fogger isn’t just a pest annihilator; it can be used for sanitation, mildew treatment, and concrobium mold control. You can also put any chemical or solution in it, including cedar, oil, insecticides, and water solutions.
- Multi-purposes fogger
- Works both indoors and outdoors
- Saves up on the chemicals
- It’s a breeze to use
- Can be a little noisy indoors
- The electric cord can be a nuisance
3. M4 MY4SONS Fogger
- NEVER PUMP AGAIN: Sprays For 6-8 hours on a single battery charge, or over 200 gallons of solution so that you can spray all day on a single charge...
- BOTH STAINLESS STEEL WAND & ACID BLEACH WAND INCLUDED: Meet all your spraying needs with our stainless steel adjustable wand and plastic acid bleach...
- EASY TO USE: Large wide mouth lid allows for easy filling with screen filter to keep dirt & debris out of tank.
With no manual pumping and no cords to worry about, the M4 MY4SONS fogger makes life a whole lot easier.
The M4 MY4SONS fogger is simply a four-gallon bottle, a battery, and a few wands. It has a massive tank, almost equal to 50 tankfuls of a manual sprayer. Its battery is the definition of long-lasting, mustering up to 8 hours of use on a single charge. As for the wands, they do it all!
There is a plastic wand for acid bleach. Its handle has a lock mechanism so you can free your hands. There’s also a stainless steel wand that can be adjusted to double in length. The metal wand can be used to spray almost any solution, making the fogger quite versatile.
The M4 MY4SONS can be used to get rid of tiresome mosquitos. In fact, it works great in any garden-related maintenance. Besides, it can be used for staining wood, weed and mildew control, carpet cleaning, cement mixing, and sealing concrete. It even comes with a number of different nozzles to choose between.
The icing on the cake is that the fogger is carried as a backpack, making it easily portable. The shoulder straps are even thickly padded for extra comfort.
- Has a screen filter to keep the tank free of impurities
- Different fog pressure levels
- Lots of variable accessories
- It’s easy to clean
- Can be a bit tricky to assemble
- It’s considerably big
Mosquito Fogger – Final Thoughts
- CATCH PESKY BUGS: Trap and kill mosquitoes, gnats, flies, nat, knat, and many other irritating flying insects
- PROTECT YOUR HOUSE: Place near common bug infested areas in your home to lure, catch, and kill pests. Try against generic market strip, stick tape...
- THE GREAT OUTDOORS: Perfect for porches, patios, gardens, and any popular hotbeds for flying insects
Personally, I’d recommend the Silver Bullet ULV. It’s remarkably effective at getting rid of pesky mosquitoes. You can set it up in no time, use it anywhere you need, and use it for a wide range of purposes.
If you’re looking for a cheaper deal, or if you want a basic mosquito killer without all the other complementary options, you should go for the Black Flag 190095.
CLICK HERE to shop our complete selection of non-toxic pest control options!