You’re already in your bed at night, the door is closed, and the air conditioner is on. You’re ready to go into a deep slumber and enjoy your off time, but there’s a certain pesky fly that won’t let you get comfortable. It keeps getting near your ear and buzzing, irritating you to no end. If you’re going to shop for Home Depot gnat traps, take a look at this review of the most common products you’ll find there.
The only solution available is to open the door and keep ushering the fly outside, but that’s not guaranteed to work.
Do you know what’s guaranteed to work? Fly traps!
If you’re going to shop for Home Depot gnat traps, take a look at this review of the most common products you’ll find there.
Home Depot Gnat Traps Reviews
- Works Fast – This fast-acting traps eliminate fruit fly infestations. You should notice a dramatic decrease in fruit fly populations within a few...
- Long-Lasting Lure – The ready-to-use, non-staining lure attracts adult fruit flies. Each trap lasts up to 45 days, giving you up to 90 days of...
- Discreet Design – The attractive, apple-shaped trap design will look at home in any kitchen. It also blends in with the fruit these pests love
On this list, we rounded up the most common fly traps on Home Depot. They’re all available with their reviews and client testimonials, so you can check the efficiency of your product before buying it. Here’s a list of the best fly traps on Home Depot with their features.
RESCUE Disposable Fly Trap
- Easy Fly Control – This disposable outdoor hanging fly trap gets rid of common flies, including hundreds of the most prevalent species. Once the...
- Fast Acting — This trap uses an attractant bait that flies can’t resist. Lured by the scent, flies enter the trap through the cap and drown in the...
- Easy to Use — Follow the easy directions on the bag to expose the trap entrance. Add water to activate bait and hang the trap outside, at least 20...
If you’ve been searching for fly traps for some time now, you probably heard the name RESCUE a couple of times. The company has a lot of products for fighting flies, and the disposable fly trap may be their most innovative trap yet.
The bag is designed to trap flies in with no way to get out. All you have to do is fill it with water and choose an appropriate place to hang it. That would ideally be where most flies come from. The best thing about the disposable trap is that you don’t have to get into a mess to get rid of flies.
You will have to touch neither the flies nor the bait. The bag will do all the work on its own, which ensures a clean process of getting the flies out.
RESCUE claims that their disposable fly trap can catch up to 20,000 flies. We haven’t tested the theory, but you can try and tell us how many pesky flies you get in the bag!
When the bag is full of flies, all you have to do is grab it and throw it in the trash. And just like that, no more flies left!
Dynatrap DOT 400 sq. ft. Indoor Fly Trap
- Works Fast – The trap starts working immediately to attract, trap, and kill flies, fruit flies, moths, gnats, and more
- Protects Large Rooms – The UV LED light naturally attracts flying insects to the trap to protect rooms up to 400 square feet
- Discreet Design – Trapped insects are hidden on the back of the glue card, while the trendy design blends in with your décor
If you want a fly trap for indoor use, the Dynatrap UV light may be your best bet. It doesn’t contain any toxins, and it doesn’t depend on zapping to kill flies. Instead, it lights up and emits a warm glow to attract flies. Once the flies get close to the light, they catch on to the sticky paper that attaches to the light, and they can’t get out alive until you dispose of the card.
The Dynatra has a multitude of benefits. For one, it doesn’t look bulky or ill-designed, so it won’t interfere with your interior design. Its white, sleek design will blend seamlessly with your walls. On top of that, it doubles as a night light, which comes in handy if your kid tends to get up at night and walk in the dark.
There’s also the fact that it can work for up to 20,000 hours, so you’re sure your house is protected from flies 24/7. Not only that, but it’s also pretty easy to use. All you have to do is attach the sticky card, then plug the device into any standard wall outlet.
Although small, the device can protect up to a diameter of 400 square feet, which is quite enough for most users. Additionally, it doesn’t only catch flies, but it also works with moths, fruit flies, drain flies, and fungus gnats.
The device comes with only one sticky card, but you can buy replacements and use them. You can even use regular sticky traps with it.
The only downside to the Dynatrap is that you have to dispose of the sticky card. It’s not always pleasant to carry a sticky paper full of dead flies, but it does its job in the end.
Hot Shot No Pest Insect Strip
- Hot Shot No-Pest Strip 2, Controlled Release Technology Kills Flying and Crawling Insects 2.29 Ounce (Value Pack of 3)
If you want a fly trap for unoccupied areas, you may want to take a look at the Hot Shot Strip. It’s one of the best options for garages, attics, RVs, cabins, and storage spaces in general.
If you’re wondering how it works, the strip uses controlled-release technology that diffuses a pesticide vapor into the air. The diffusion happens slowly, and the strip can stay in its place for up to four months.
The vapor is the reason you can’t use the Hot Shot in occupied places. It has a level of toxicity that can affect any food in the room. And, it’s not safe for kids and pets to be around. The vapor is odorless and non-visible, so you can’t really avoid it if it’s in an occupied space.
The manufacturer’s instructions say that it’s suitable for use in areas that don’t get occupied by people more than four hours a day. So, if you go into the garage a couple of times daily, you’re safe to use the strip.
Whether you have flies, mosquitoes, spiders, silverfish, or even cockroaches, the strip will kill them. It’s able to get even the hidden insects that don’t come out of their hiding place, thanks to the diffusion technology.
The strip can work in rooms up to 10 x 13 feet large, and the vapor spreads up to 8 feet high. You can leave it for four months before replacing it with a new strip.
Luckily, the Hot Shot offers a mess-free solution for flies. You won’t need to touch any flies or deal with sticky cards to get rid of the pesky creatures.
Home Depot Gnat Traps – Comparison
- 【KEEP FLIES AWAY! NO MORE BUZZ!】These fly strips are a non-toxic alternative to eliminating flies from virtually any space. It lures the files in,...
- 【NO TOXIC & MORE SAFE】This fly trap is made of super sticky glue & waterproof paper that scented to attract flies. No chemicals or poisons, No...
- 【BEST SOLUTION FOR FLYING INSECTS】Widely capture aphids, leaf miner, fungus gnats, thrips, white flies, black flies, midges, mosquitoes and other...
It’s pretty easy to choose one of the fly traps we listed because they’re all designed for different purposes. The RESCUE disposable bag works for outdoor spaces. Its strongest selling point is the mess-free process. All you have to do is fill the bag with water and wait for the flies to fall.
On the other hand, the Dynatrap device works for indoor spaces perfectly well. It doubles as a night light, which is a bonus. And it requires sticky cards to work.
It has a couple of downsides, though. For one, dealing with sticky cards full of dead flies isn’t pleasant per se. On top of that, the light only works for limited space; it may not be efficient for large rooms.
Lastly, there’s the Hot Shot strip, which is designed for unoccupied areas like attics and garages. It’s highly efficient for ridding the room of all kinds of insects, and it can stay for up to four months. This way, you don’t have to pay for it more than three times annually.
Generally, we believe the RESCUE disposable bag is the most versatile option. Additionally, it’s the safest one to be around kids and pets.
CLICK HERE to browse our complete selection of non-toxic pest control traps!