Ah, Summer; the time of year where flies land on food while you’re sitting outdoors for a meal. Unfortunately, summer is for flies irritation. There are many factors that could contribute to an infestation. Even a little bit of decomposing waste in outdoor trash cans is enough to attract flies. That’s why we all need fly repellent candles – even tea lights ones.
The citronella oil scent is emitted while the citronella candles burn. It is believed that doing so would help to mask odors that may otherwise draw in those annoying flies and other insects. This makes them less likely to congregate around lit candles.
These candles can help you survive the summer bugs, especially outdoors, and if you are thinking of going camping in the woods.
- 1 What’s So Great About Citronella Oil and Citronella Candles?
- 2 Top 5 Fly Repellent Candles to Keep Pesky Flies Away
- 3 How to Keep Flies Away – 8 Natural Ways to Repel Flies
- 4 Conclusion
What’s So Great About Citronella Oil and Citronella Candles?
Citronella oil and burning citronella candles are used as an effective deterrent for bugs and insects. Citronella oil is a natural insect repellent that is made from the extract of the citronella plant.
When applied to the skin, it creates a barrier that helps keep mosquitoes, house flies, ticks, and other bugs away. Citronella candles are made from the same ingredients as citronella oil, and these citronella candles release a vapor that keeps mosquitoes away when lit.
These citronella candles can be used outdoors or indoors to create an insect-free zone around you. The citronella oil needs to linger or hang in the air for a considerable amount of time for it to be effective. A small breeze might carry the citronella oil’s aroma away from the area, reducing its effectiveness.
Similarly, citronella candles should never be used inside or in a poorly ventilated area.
Top 5 Fly Repellent Candles to Keep Pesky Flies Away
As follows are our top 5 choices for the best fly repellent candles found in the industry, including individual pros and cons. Let’s get started!
Lowes Mosquito Candles
Looking for a mosquito and roach repellent candle that will keep your outdoor party going all night long? Check out Lowes’ mosquito candles. These candles are made with a special mosquito repellent flame that will keep those pesky bugs and other species away.
So if you’re looking for a room mosquito repellent that really works, pick up a few of these candles and keep the party going all night long.
La Jolíe Muse Citronella Candles
No products found.
The La Jolla Muse Citronela mosquitos candles are one of the most popular natural misquito repellant choices.
These citronella stick candles have a powerful citrusy aroma with a bottom note of fresh, clean fragrance. Citronella candles attract mosquitoes. This natural pest repellent is the perfect mosquito defense. They work great, like most mosquito repellent plants.
This citronella candle is eco-friendly, biodegradable, and harmless to humans and pets. These citrinella anti bug candles smell wonderful, look fancy, and greatly aid in keeping insects at bay.
These citronella candles for flies indoors also work great as bedroom mosquito repellent. Just place these mosquito candles nearby where you need them. It is highly effective in repelling flies in outdoor living space while it also offers a decorative touch.
You can place it inside a small lantern and place it on your table or hang it up by the tent if you’re going camping. It crackles pleasantly when burning, and its chemicals will help rid of pests effectively. No more insects bite!
Murphy’s Naturals Insect & Fly Repellent Candles
- 30 Hours of Mosquito Protection: A citrusy blend of rosemary, peppermint, and lemongrass oils smell great while allowing you to sit back and relax...
- Harness the Power of Nature: We use a combination of plant-based repellent oils that other manufacturers tend to overlook, to provide you with the...
- Five Key Plant-Based Repellent Oils: Rosemary Oil, Peppermint Oil, Citronella Oil, Lemongrass oil, Cedarwood Oil
Despite this candle being advertised for mosquitoes, it’s also quite potent as a fly repellent. This is because this bug repellent candle is made with plant-based oil ingredients that are all proven to repel flies: real citronella oil, lemongrass, peppermint, cedarwood, and rosemary.
So whether you’re looking for citronella candle sticks, taper candles, or large citronella candles, this product is a good choice for homes that are frequently plagued by biting insects. It will definitely give you hope that your home can be a fly-free environment for your outdoor space.
It’s also perfect for outdoor events and outdoor use. It just simply gets the job done!
Mintronella Essential Oil Insect and Fly Repellent Candle
- This All Natural Candle will be Maximized by burning only In Temperatures Above 60 Degrees. Works best when placed lowest to the ground as possible,...
- 100% Plant-Based Proprietary Blend of Powerful "10% Essential oil Concentration" Natural Lemongrass, Citronella, Citrus, Mint + Lavender Oil Helps to...
- Family owned And Solely Operated. 100% U.S.A Made. Hand Crafted Re-Purpose Jar. 16 Ounces Mason Jar. Burn Rate over 80 Hours @ 4-5 Hours per day. NO...
NO NATZ Outdoor Patio Wood Wick Candle
- Hand-Crafted Safe Formula - NO NATZ Outdoor Patio Candle is a hand-crafted formula made with the finest essential oils including: Lemongrass Oil,...
- Sold Across the USA - NO NATZ Outdoor Patio Candle is available across the United States. The ambiance, along with the freshness gives a soothing...
- Long Lasting - Our NO NATZ Outdoor Patio Candle has a wood wick that burns for 60 hours. The candle has an aromatically rich, woody fragrance and is...
Another great outdoor fly repellent is the NO NATZ Patio Candle. These candles to prevent mosquitoes from infesting your home! These off bug repellent candles are hand-crafted from the finest oil that repel bugs.
Mosquito Guard Repellent Tea Light Candles
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Our mosquito candles are made with Natural Plant Based Ingredients - Citronella, Peppermint, Rosemary, Cedarwood, and Lemongrass...
- DEET FREE: Our bug repellent outdoor candles are completely DEET FREE
- PLEASANT SMELLING: Our citronella candles outdoor bug repellant produces an aroma that people find refreshing and not too overpowering unlike other...
Keep pesky critters like gnats, flies, and mosquitoes at bay. This candle comes in a pack of 16 tea lights made with natural plant-based ingredients, namely citronella, peppermint, rosemary, and cedarwood oil.
Each lit candle provides up to 4 hours of burn time, provides protection, and repels flying pests. It’s affordable, works great against flies, and smells pretty good! This one’s a solid choice—an effective fly repellent.
How to Keep Flies Away – 8 Natural Ways to Repel Flies
In a nutshell, flypapers, or fly traps, are sticky strips of paper coated with a substance that attracts bugs and rid of flies. Plus, they not only trap flies; oftentimes other flying insects get trapped as well.
Plant Fly Repellent Plants
There are lots of herbs and plants that can trick and repel gnats. Furthermore, they act as natural and attractive insect repellents. It’s always a good idea to grow plants in your home. What’s more, the added benefit of repelling flies is just a bonus.
Here’s a list of the best plants you can use to get rid of a range of bugs:
- Bay laurel
- Citronella weed
Lavender, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, or Citronella essential oils are our top choices when it comes to mosquito and gnat repellent. Additionally, you can also place citronella oil lamps outdoors to get rid of mosquitoes and other bugs. These oils will leave a beautiful aroma in your house and also deter most flying insects, including flies, mosquitoes, gnats, and moths.
You can even apply them on your skin as topical insect repellent. Fortunately, citronella carrier oil products work as insect repellents. The plant can be burned as an insect repellent incense.
Natural Fly Trap With Apple Cider Vinegar
Flies are greatly attracted to the smell of apple cider vinegar, and you can take advantage of that fact by making a homemade trap or mosquito traps. Also, you can do this by mixing apple cider vinegar with liquid soap in a bowl and leaving it on a table for a day or two.
Mosquitoes as well as flies will be attracted to the smell and would want a little taste, but it can repel mosquitoes, flies, and other insects easily!
Tightly locking your windows and doors, including every nook and cranny, is one possible way to keep flies out. Additionally, you can protect your home from bugs with the next best option: natural household mosquito repellent with strong scents.
Perhaps you’re wondering, “Do mosquito candles work on flies as well?” Perhaps, but the fly repellent candles mentioned above are the best options when it comes to reducing the number of flying bugs in your house.
Is eliminating mosquitoes and other insects hard? The tips above will work great as mosquito repellents as well as fly repellents. They can work everywhere! In fact, they work as the best mosquito repellent for Alaska camping—or camping anywhere!
So drop them into your shopping cart and compare them with the other brands on the market.