Perhaps, you’ve noticed last year that flies, like blow flies and filth flies, can be such a constant nuisance. In most days and if you live near a wooded area, you will find a swarm of these pests invading your home.
Once the first day of summer hits, you would find them everywhere! They will be constantly passing through old windows. Perhaps, you’ve tried using fly traps and fly strips before.
Perhaps, you’ve tried one thinking that it could work but it didn’t. So, what should you get? Read more to find out which is the best fly trap for you, and which ones can help control flies and rid you of your fly problem once and for all.
- 0.1 Why Are There So Many Flies in the Summer?
- 0.2 Difference Between a Disposable Fly Trap and a Reusable Fly Trap
- 1 Disposable Fly Trap: How Do They Work?
- 2 Disposable Fly Trap Outdoors and Indoors
- 3 Final Verdict
Why Are There So Many Flies in the Summer?
Anyone who has ever stepped outside in the summertime knows that flies are a fact of life. But have you ever wondered why there seem to be more flies during the summer months?
There are actually a few reasons for this. First of all, warm weather is ideal for reproduction. Each female can lay up to 500 eggs at a time, and those eggs can hatch into larvae in as little as two days.
What’s more, flies generally live for about two weeks – meaning that their population can explode very quickly under favorable conditions. Additionally, summertime is when most fruit and vegetables are ripening, providing an abundance of food for adult flies.
So next time you’re dealing with a pesky infestation, remember that it’s just a natural part of the season!
What to do About the Infestation in the Summer Months?
This may not be such a huge problem with cooler temperatures, but this can be such a huge problem in warm days indoors and outdoors. You’d find them in most common fly source: garbage bins, dog runs, compost pile, and other similar items.
Flies especially love a compost pile. When dealing with these pests, several people prefer using traps without chemicals that can harm themselves, their homes, and their pets.
Thankfully, there are tons of fly traps without killing agents or poisons out there – and they get used fast. You’d find effective outdoor disposable trap and indoor fly trap that would have you throwing out dead flies in no time at all.
Difference Between a Disposable Fly Trap and a Reusable Fly Trap
The core difference between disposable traps and reusable traps is how often you can use them. Of course, their effectivity against your fly problem is also a consideration.
Most products should be thrown out after a month of use or when they reach maximum holding capacity. Reusable ones also attract flies for a month before getting emptied and cleaned.
Many disposable traps have attractant baits embedded in the bag, while reusable ones need bait refills after every use. Depending on how much of your budget you want to dedicate to replacing traps or bait, these factors might matter to you.
These traps will definitely help with controlling flies especially in the warm months, and they work with most prevalent species of flies and other pests.
Disposable Fly Trap: How Do They Work?
Most disposable and reusable fly traps can hang on most surfaces using wires or strings. You can hang trap from trees, trash bin, and sheds.
Most flies get enticed by the scent of rotting organic filth, such as fecal matter or rotting meat, moisture, or foods high in sugar content or containing glycerol.
Most indoor or outdoor disposable fly trap manufacturers create food-based baits to entice flies without using killing agents or poisons.
However, these attractants included in the bag might differ based on the type of flies you encounter. Determine which kinds of flies you have to find the appropriate bait for your traps.
Disposable Fly Trap Outdoors and Indoors
RESCUE! Outdoor Reusable Fly Trap
- Eliminate Flies — This reusable fly trap catches and kills hundreds of common fly species, including house flies, stable flies, bottle flies, flesh...
- Fast Results — Instead of chemicals or sprays, this trap lures flies with food-based attractant. Once inside, flies drown in the water added to the...
- Reusable — Reduce plastic waste by reusing this trap season after season! Simply dump the contents when full, rinse, and replace the used attractant...
The RESCUE! Reusable Fly Trap weighs less than half a pound and is made with recycled plastic. This fly trap comes with a packet of food-based attractants; they don’t contain harmful chemicals to you and your children or pets.
Add the bait pouch, add water into the container, pop open its screw-on top, and have the fly strip hanging 20 feet away from your home entrances or near places with the most activity. Be sure to hang them several feet from the ground.
After two to five hours, the fly attractant included in the bag activates, and filth flies will begin flying towards the yellow top cap.
A Rescue disposable fly trap also has a line indicating how much water you should add to ensure the trapped flies enter through the top cap and drown in the water.
Unlike some reusable traps, this Rescue product won’t start leaking after prolonged use, keeping its stench controlled and won’t escalate the problem.
You can rescue disposable fly trap by washing it with soap and water after removing the dead flies. You might enjoy this model if you don’t want to spend extra money buying multiple single-use traps in bulk.
When using this fly trap, consider your home’s weather and temperature conditions; placing them in sun-exposed areas or shaded spots might affect how many flies enter this Rescue fly trap. Be sure to store it in cool areas in your home when unused.
- Easy to add water and hang
- Durable plastic container with a flat bottom that won’t let liquid leak out
- Fly attractant bait that flying pests find irresistible
- Product weight is less than a pound.
- Hang outdoors only – perhaps near your trash bin.
- Strong odor doesn’t make it suitable for indoor use
RESCUE! Outdoor Disposable Hanging Fly Trap
- Easy Fly Control – This disposable outdoor hanging fly trap gets rid of common flies, including hundreds of the most prevalent species. Once the...
- Fast Acting — This trap uses an attractant bait that flies can’t resist. Lured by the scent, flies enter the trap through the cap and drown in the...
- Easy to Use — Follow the easy directions on the bag to expose the trap entrance. Add water to activate bait and hang the trap outside, at least 20...
Don’t want to spend too much time cleaning out an infested fly trap once it reaches total capacity or dries out? RESCUE’s Outdoor Disposable Hanging Fly Trap might be suitable for your garden or backyard.
Perhaps a relative mentioned A Rescue product to you recently? This model can hold up to 20,000 to 40,000 flies, making it ideal for outdoor use in homes with major flying pest problems. If not in use, be sure to store this out of children’s reach.
Replace your trap once its full or the contents dry out.
Instructions on How to Set Up
This disposable fly trap doesn’t require many tools for setup, making it easy to use. It includes attractant embedded in the bag.
First, cut plastic around the dotted line to access the cap before hanging it around places where flies are most active.
After that, pull open and attach string, and then you can add water to fill line to make it dissolve the water-soluble lure. When setting up this fly trap, use extra-strong ties that support the weight of the added water.
Hang outdoors – keep it 20 feet away from your back door, home entrances, or patio to keep its odor away so the flies won’t buzz around your favorite areas.
Lured by the scent, you would soon see flies enter the yellow top cap and drown in the water lure. Once full, you can then close the top and dispose the Rescue trap in the trash bin. You would find an immediate decrease in the number of flies in your home.
- Can catch and kill up to 20,000 flies
- Great price and great product
- Allows ease when you add water and hang
- You don’t need to add lure or remove the flies by hand
- Easy to set up
- Set up by your garbage bins
- Water might leak out if punctured or sealed improperly
- Some strings or wires might not be able to hold the fly trap because of the water’s weight
Victor M380 Fly Magnet Reusable Trap
- Includes patented non-poisonous, most effective bait on the market. Bait will attract a broad range of species, including house and blowflies.
- White color and diamond-shaped lid on trap designed to attract more flies.
- Safe around children, pets and the environment.
Safer Plan’s Fly Magnet Reusable Trap is another great product. It incorporates a white, diamond-shaped lid on top of its plastic container. Besides adding to its design, the color also attracts more flies because it reflects light.
After filling this disposable fly trap outdoors and indoors with a lure, add water, and swirl it to mix the contents. Keep adding water to fill line and help keep the attractant moist and submerge incoming flies.
This trap’s lure takes 24 hours to activate, which might be inconvenient for users hoping to get rid of flies as soon as possible. Still, it shows excellent results when placed in sunny areas surrounding your home.
Another benefit of using this reusable fly trap is the bait’s longevity; its strength won’t diminish with time. Its lid is also compatible with other jars if you prefer using those instead.
Once full of flies, you can then close cap and dispose the trash, or you can rescue disposable fly trap by washing it after use. Be sure to store unused products in dry and cool places.
- Bait’s effectiveness won’t diminish over time
- Great price
- Easy to add water and hang
- White, diamond-shaped lid designed for attracting more flies
- Works best in warm, sunny areas
- Great for trapping garbage bins pests
- The jar and roof might crack if dropped
- Bait takes 24 hours to activate
Flies Be Gone Disposable Traps
- GET RID OF PESKY FLIES EFFECTIVELY: Rid your home and environment of flies. Whether you’re worried about flies, even pesticide-resistant flies, our...
- SAFE AND NON TOXIC: Our disposable fly trap uses Formula FC2 - a food-based, handmade bait that is proven to attract flies. Our tried and tested fly...
- UNIQUE AND EFFECTIVE: Our Flies Be Gone Traps are one-of-a-kind. Unique trap doors are cleverly placed to facilitate entry while barring exit. The...
The Flies Be Gone Disposable Fly Trap is another trap we recommend for pest maintenance. These things work great. Although this option is the most expensive in our compilation, we think this fly trap is an excellent solution for keeping flies away from your home.
When adding water, make sure to fill line until the fly trap is ⅓ full. The lure bag dissolves within a few hours; this lure uses an FC2 formula for the best pest-attracting results without using poisons that harm the environment. This fly trap also powerful enough to fly trap pesticide-resistant flies.
Another feature we believe makes this disposable fly trap outdoors and indoors stand out from the rest is its cover dish’s trap door. You also don’t have to cut through the fly trap to insert any of its parts.
The fly trap is design to let flies enter the trap successfully and keeps them from escaping, making it ideal when you need to catch a larger swarm on your property. This makes it perfect for outdoor use.
Hang trap approximately five feet high and 25 feet away from the fly source for the best results. This fly trap offers easy fly control when placed in sunny, low-wind areas.
- Contains a built-in lure bag
- Can kill up to 20,000 flies
- Sets up within seconds to help rid your home of your fly problem
- It incorporates fly trap doors that let flies in and prevents them from escaping
- It might be too expensive for some users
- Outdoor elements might affect its performance
Like other similar items, disposable fly traps and reusable fly traps have their advantages and disadvantages. Their effectiveness will be evident on the first day you hang them. You’d immediately know if they work great.
You might prefer one over the other, but they both work as excellent tools to help you control flies and keeping them from entering your home.
You would see a noticeable immediate decrease in the number of flies in and around your home. They will definitely help with controlling flies. Be sure to wash hands after handling these things.
CLICK HERE and cart add all of our organic pest control options! Be sure to bought tons of them for the summer months.