Keeping your baby safe from insects can be a challenge. You want to eliminate any bites but do not want to use harmful chemicals and products on their sensitive skin. So, where does that leave you and your little one for protection against pests?
- 1 California Baby Products
- 2 Ingredients in California Baby Insect Repellent Products
- 3 The Benefits of California Baby Insect Repellent
- 4 Do California Baby Insect Repellent Products Work?
- 5 The Takeaway
California Baby Products
- VERY EFFECTIVE, DEET-FREE FORMULA: Our award-winning Natural Bug Spray harnesses the power of citronella and lemongrass essential oils which smell...
- SAFE FOR BABIES 6 MONTHS AND OLDER: We only use essential oils to repel bugs - no harsh chemicals. This DEET-free formula is safe for babies over 6...
- BEAUTIFUL CITRONELLA AND LEMONGRASS SCENT: Most bug sprays have a toxic, cough inducing scent. Our Bug Spray for kids harnesses the power of...
California Baby has provided high-quality skincare products for over 25 years. They pride themselves on avoiding the use of carcinogens. And only including the best organic plant-based ingredients in all of their products.
Starting with an original recipe for calming shampoo and body wash, founder Jessica Iclisoy soon gained popularity with friends and family. She then began creating a bigger product line to include several other items, including:
- Bath and Hair products
- Diapering needs
- Creams and Lotions
- Eczema products
- Bug and Sun items
- Home essential products
California Baby Insect Repellent
Insect repellent products from California Baby are safe for your family, not just little ones with sensitive skin. This product is:
- Abstains from chemicals
- It does not contain dietary allergens
- Certified organic
If you want to make better choices for your baby’s health, this is an excellent place to begin.
Abstains from Chemicals
They do not contain any DEET, synthetic fragrances, or harsh chemicals, making them ideal for everyone, including allergy sufferers, or if you just want a healthier option. California Baby Insect Repellent is also cruelty-free, as a sustainable, environmentally-friendly choice without any animal testing.
Does Not Contain Dietary Allergens
The California Baby Insect Repellent does not contain gluten, oat, soy, dairy, or nut products. The absence of these standard food items ensures that anyone who has dietary restrictions can still enjoy their products.
Even the water they use goes through filtration and pasteurization. However, some products do contain coconut, so those sensitive to this food should take caution.
Their insect repellent product only contains the most natural ingredients, and many items are certified organic by the USDA. This way, consumers are sure that even the product’s natural components are grown and processed without any chemicals.
Ingredients in California Baby Insect Repellent Products
- Smart Diaper Wipe Alternative. Dirty diapers and harsh wet wipes can dry out and irritate skin while baby diaper area wash spray helps soothe and...
- Soothes Alleviate Diaper Area. Designed for boys and girls in cloth or disposable diapers, our baby diaper area wash contains Aloe Vera and Calendula...
- Plant Based Skin Cleanser. This plant based cleanser contains non irritating witch hazel extract to gently clean delicate skin, non burning and non...
California Baby’s passion for plant-based products that are safe for babies and everyone inspires them to continue to provide high-quality items. This drive helps anyone who prefers a more pure and sustainable way of life that is better for the health of their children and the planet.
When you purchase California Baby Insect Repellent, you only give your child pure plant-based products. The ingredients for this product include:
- Pure essential oil Cymbopogon nardus (citronella) 5%
- Cymbopogon schoenathus (lemongrass) 0.5%
- Pure essential oil Cedrus atlantica (cedar) 0.5%
- Carnauba wax (cera carnauba)
- Vegetable glycerin
The Benefits of California Baby Insect Repellent
- 5pieces set
- Country of origin: Usa
- Please read all label information on delivery.
Because of the gentle formula, California Baby Insect Repellent is safe for anyone in the family, including your pets. In addition, their specialty Natural Bug Blend active ingredients keep your little one safe from mosquitoes. And help repel ticks, fleas, and biting flies.
This organic insect repellent is safe to use anywhere on the body, including the face, without irritation. However, California Baby does recommend spraying your hands and fingers first to apply the product to the face. This way, you eliminate the chance of getting it in your baby’s eyes.
California Baby Insect Repellent will not stain or damage clothing like other products do that contain harsh chemicals. So if you have a squirmy little one, you will not have to worry about ruining their clothes.
The natural scent from the citronella and lemongrass essential oils provides a pleasing, refreshing aroma that is not overbearing. Other competitor brands can smell like chemicals, providing a harsh scent that is not favorable for many individuals.
Other Competitor Brands
Insect repellent does not always have to include harsh chemicals and fragrances to keep mosquitoes and other insects away. Although those other brand products that use harmful ingredients may be effective, they can also cause problems for you and your baby.
The Problem With DEET
Some popular children’s products still contain a percentage of DEET and claim these smaller amounts are perfectly safe for children two months of age or older. But unfortunately, there is still limited information on the effects of this pesticide chemical. Therefore many parents choose to look for alternatives, like the ones from California Baby.
One concerning fact about using DEET is its incompatibility with sunscreen products. Anyone wearing products containing DEET and applying sunscreen risks a higher chance of absorbing this chemical into their skin quicker than without sunscreen.
Another interesting element of combining DEET with sunscreen products is how DEET renders the active ingredients in sunscreen less effective. So by combining these two items, your child may not be as protected against the sun’s harmful rays as you want.
Do California Baby Insect Repellent Products Work?
- SOOTHES & MOISTURIZES DELICATE, IRRITATED SKIN: This award-winning baby lotion is made for ALL AGES. Our vegan baby face cream is non-greasy and...
- 100% PLANT-BASED INGREDIENTS: Our Calendula Cream is made with 100% plant-based ingredients (USDA certified Biobased). This kids lotion is enriched...
- BEAUTIFUL LAVENDER SCENT: No synthetic fragrances - Our lavender baby lotion is lightly scented with French lavender and clary sage pure essential...
Knowing all the harm that harsh chemicals, including DEET, can do to the skin, it is natural for parents to seek out alternatives. However, do these other products really work for repelling mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, and other biting bugs?
After examining the various ingredients in California Baby Insect Repellent products, it is clear that they chose essential oils that help to keep these biting insects away without using chemicals.
While other competitor brands may be effective at keeping bugs away, they are not as safe or sustainable as products you will find through California Baby. Their distinct combination of citronella, lemongrass, and cedar help mask the carbon dioxide and lactic acid that the human body puts out.
These elements are how mosquitoes find you. But, with a safe product like California Baby Insect Repellent, your child will be hidden by its scent. This ensures they can remain outdoors without problems.
As a bonus, the calendula and aloe vera within the bug spray helps to soothe skin that already has bug bites. This element is unlike other harsh chemical brands that will irritate current bites once you apply it to the skin.
- 100% PLANT-BASED INGREDIENTS: No harsh chemicals - California Baby Hair Gel for kids is made with only 100% plant-based ingredients (USDA certified...
- MEDIUM HOLD - USE FOR STYLING, BRAIDING, OR TAMING UNRULY HAIRS: Our kids' hair gel for boys and girls is perfect for styling curly or straight hair....
- BEAUTIFUL, LIGHT LAVENDER SCENT: No synthetic fragrances - our kids hair gel is scented with French lavender and Clary sage essential oils which are...
California Baby has been offering exceptional pure plant-based products for over 25 years. Their expertise and continuous motivation for organic, healthy ingredients in all of their items, including the California Baby Insect Repellent, ensure you and your child are safe from bug bites and harsh chemicals.
If you still are unsure if this product is suitable for you, try some sampler packs and see how terrific they are. With hundreds of 5-star reviews, the results speak for themselves. Consumers love how the product smells and works for their families.
CLICK HERE to browse our complete selection of kid and pet safe, effective pest control products!