Best Clothing Moth Traps: Moths may look small and harmless, but they can often cause a surprising amount of damage to your clothing and food products.
If you’re sick of moths eating your clothes and stored grains, you’re in the right place. Eradicating those moths starts here.
Here are our top 5 Amazon clothes moth traps proven to be effective in repelling and wiping out those pesky moths.
- 1 Best Clothing Moth Traps: Our Top 5 Choices
- 1.1 Trappify – Ultimate Moth Traps
- 1.2 Mottenfalle Clothes Moth Traps – Best For Clothes
- 1.3 Colton’s Naturals Cedar Spray – Best Spray Repellent
- 1.4 Richards Moth-Away Herbal Moth Repellent – Best Herbal Blend
- 1.5 ACMETOP Aromatic Cedar Blocks for Clothes Storage – Best Overall
- 2 Things to Consider When Looking for a Natural Moth Repellent
- 3 Final Thoughts On The Best Clothing Moth Traps
Best Clothing Moth Traps: Our Top 5 Choices
Trappify – Ultimate Moth Traps
- TRAP THEM ALL: Liberate your home with specially engineered traps that lure all common moth species, more effective than some mothballs. Whether they...
- POTENT PHEROMONES: Advanced strength pheromone mixture that entices all pesky moths to their doom. Compare to cedar blocks and moth balls, no need to...
- RECYCLABLE: Traps are made using natural recycled, non scented paper that is better for our planet. No need to spray as our traps work while your...
You will find numerous Amazon moth traps, but if you’re looking for the best moth prevention options, you need not look further than Trappify cloths moth traps.
The Trappify Ultimate Moth Traps are similar to the Pro Pest Clothes Moth Traps, except for one crucial difference; while the latter fights clothes moths, the Trappify Ultimate Moth Traps are sceintifically designed to trap ALL common moths in North America, including; Pantry Moths, Clothes Moths, Indian Meal Moths, Carpet Moths, and many more.
The potent pheromones found in this product works effectively against common panty months such as the Indian meal moths, White-shouldered moths, Mediterranean moths, and other types of food moths. With this, you won’t ever have to worry about your dry goods, or sweaters/clothes ever again.
Its cardboard-like design makes it easy to fold and place in cupboards, pantries, drawers, closets, utility rooms, and counters. This makes them a great choice for getting rid of these pests naturally, and to further prolong the shelf-life of your food products.
It’s 100% insecticide-free, which is a great plus; not to mention that its solution is approved by the USDA and EPA. Trappify is so confident with their product that they offer a money-back guarantee if you’re not completely satisfied with their product.
If it doesn’t work, you get a full refund! It’s risk-free, so why not give it a shot?
- Trap moths within a few days
- Highly adhesive
- 100% non-toxic solution
- Made with recycled paper
- Guaranteed to combat pantry moths, clothing moths, and ALL common moths to North America
- Only attracts male moths
- Takes longer to use than some sprays
Mottenfalle Clothes Moth Traps – Best For Clothes
- HIGHLY EFFECTIVE - Due to a special pheromone and non-toxic, odorless glue our moth traps protect clothes made of wool and fur, carpets and...
- UNIQUE DESIGN - Our moth traps with bright and beautiful flower prints will compliment even the most elegant interiors.
- 3 MONTH PROTECTION - Sealed foil packaging helps our pheromone moth traps securely retain all their properties. This provides excellent results and...
These sticky moth traps protect clothes made of wool and fur, upholstered furniture, and carpets with its non-toxic, odorless glue, made with a special pheromone that effectively entices and traps moths.
This product is eco-friendly and made entirely of natural components. Mottenfalle made sure that it’s free from insecticide to ensure the safety of your pets and children.
Just simply remove its protective film from the trap, fold in a triangular form and tuck in the ends, place it anywhere near the moth affected area, and you’re golden! These traps work on all four common types of clothing and carpet moths.
- Easy set-up
- Highly effective with for clothes moths
- Traps within minutes
- The traps attract male moths only
- Doesn’t always eradicate 100% of moths
Colton’s Naturals Cedar Spray – Best Spray Repellent
- WOOD PROTECTION: One of the finest and most luxurious materials in the world is cedar, a type of wood that, due to its oil in the fibers, has a unique...
- MADE WITH 100% NATURAL ESSENTIAL OIL
- EASY TO USE: All you must do in order to ensure protection and revival of the natural aroma in the cedar wood is spray a small amount of product and...
Lavender and Cedar are two of the most effective moth repellents that are found to keep these invaders from one’s closet and pantry. Colton’s Naturals Cedar Spray combines these two ingredients in one powerful bottle.
This natural moth repellent is made with essential oils that protect and maintain cedarwood. It also combats dust, impurities, and rehydrates oil fibers without the use of harsh chemicals, thus removing harmful side effects. Just simply spray this product on a block of cedar, place it inside your cabinet or pantry, and it’ll deter those moths!
You can likewise spray it on your carpet at home or clothes and you can rest assured that these moths won’t be chewing on your clothes again. Moreover, it smells fantastic. A natural fresh cedar scent with undertones of lavender. It’s as refreshing as it is relaxing.
- Fresh aroma without it being too overpowering
- Made with a completely natural formula
- Easy to use and eco-friendly
- Doesn’t kill moths, just repels them
Richards Moth-Away Herbal Moth Repellent – Best Herbal Blend
- 100% natural ingredients like peppermint, rosemary and thyme
- Includes optional hook for hanging
- Fresh mint scent
If you don’t fancy cedar or lavender, you’re sure to love the aromatic blend of herbs that can be found in the Richards Herbal Moth Repellent. This product comes in a pack of 3, with each pack coming with 24 sachets.
Each sachet comes with a mix of rosemary, thyme, peppermint, and cloves; a potent combination that will deter all types of moths. Just simply place them in your drawer, closet, or inside the pocket of your favorite dress, and away they go!
Plus, it certainly beats the smell of those awfully poisonous camphor mothballs. The Richard Moth Repellent is easy to use and replace. And, most importantly, works like a charm against household moths.
- Pleasant, long-lasting fragrance
- Natural and 100% non-toxic
- Repels insects such as moths, cockroaches, and beetles
- Reasonably priced
- Isn’t the best for fighting pantry moths
ACMETOP Aromatic Cedar Blocks for Clothes Storage – Best Overall
- REFRESH YOUR CLOSET AND PROTECT DELICATE CLOTHES - Cedar blocks are made of 100% natural aromatic cedar wood without adding any chemicals. Its...
- LONG LASTING FRAGRANCE - The original scent of cedar wood is light and lasting so you may only smell the scent when put them under your nose but it...
- NATURAL & WELL MADE - 100% natural aromatic red cedar harvested from renewable forest (environmental friendly). Its growth and processing is safe....
The ACMETOP Aromatic Cedar Blocks are made of 100% natural cedar wood infused with aromatic oils. This wonder product will not only refresh your closet, it’ll effectively absorb moisture and ensure your clothes are pest-free.
They do so by effectively utilizing the natural insect repellent properties of cedar to keep your home moth-free. Harvested from renewable forests, these eco-friendly blocks of wood are excellently hand-polished.
This means we don’t have to worry about the wood scratching the delicate fabric of your sweaters and wool. This set comes with 55 pieces of solid cedar wood and 5 sachets that can be placed in drawers, cabinets, and hung up on hangers.
Its subtle cedar scent makes it also perfect to use inside pantries without worrying about your food smelling our roses or lavender. The smell of cedar lasts for a couple of weeks.
If you feel like the scent is going away, you can refresh the cedar by sanding it to expose fresh fibers, or give it a few spirits of the Colton’s Naturals Cedar Spray.
- The set comes with a different array of shapes and sizes, including bags of shavings
- Effective in repelling moths
- Great value for money
- The scent doesn’t last long
Things to Consider When Looking for a Natural Moth Repellent
Moths are in the same order as butterflies, but unlike butterflies, they aren’t entirely harmless. It’s important to know what species of moth you’re fighting as there are products that are highly effective in killing one type of moth but wouldn’t deter another.
There are two types of moths out there: clothes moths and pantry moths, also known as Indian meal moths.
Pantry moths are the type that can be found infesting flour and grains, in addition to feeding on stored foods in homes. They are often found flying around the house. Appearance-wise, these moths are about 3/4-inch long. Its front wings are grayish near its head and copperish on its lower half.
Contrary to popular belief, the adult moths itself don’t eat, it’s its larvae that does all the damage. A key difference between these two is how they move and eat.
While Webbing Moths spin silk tubes, Casemaking Moths would enclose itself in a tubular casing. Clothes moths feed on stored blankets, wool carpets, fabrics, fur, stuffed animal heads, and even piano felt.
Appearance-wise, clothes moths are smaller than Indian meal moths; its approximately less than a half-inch long, and come in either yellowish-gold or yellowish-brown. Its wings are narrow and fringed with long hairs.
Preferred Method of Application
Treatment comes in different ways. You can either use sprays that kill moths on contact or something that provides a protective barrier on rugs, carpets, and upholstered furniture.
You can also use moth traps that kill by trapping moths in a sticky substance that you can replace once it’s full.
Mothballs and cedar blocks work just as well, including satchels filled with natural scents such as Lavender, Mint, and Cloves. It’s important to note, however, that the latter doesn’t kill moth eggs or larvae.
State of Infestation
If you’re battling with a dozen or so moths, you don’t have to be particularly worried about this factor. Any of the listed moth repellents will work perfectly. If you’re fighting a large infestation of moths, cedar blocks, and scented satchels. A moth-trap may be best for such a scenario, as it can trap and kill a horde of moths more effectively than the aforementioned products.
Natural moth repellents come in an array of scents. A few examples include Lavender, Mint, Cedar, Cloves, Thyme, Rosemary, and other herbal blends.
You’ll also need to make sure that none of the members of your family are allergic to the scent you’ll be purchasing, as it’ll be in close contact with clothes and other household products you’ll often use.
Cedar Air Fresheners
If you’re looking for a natural way to keep your clothes fresh and free of moths, cedar air fresheners are an excellent option. Cedar has long been used as a moth repellent, and cedar oil is a particularly effective scent for deterring these pests.
A cedar scented air freshener releases a fine mist of cedar oil into the air, creating an environment that moths find uninviting. A cedar air freshener is available in a variety of forms, including cedar rings, cedar sachets, and cedar-scented spray bottles.
You can also find cedar oil in many health food stores. Simply add a few drops to a diffuser or use it to make your own cedar-scented value pack or sachet. They work as a moth killer for closets.
Final Thoughts On The Best Clothing Moth Traps
Moths are a great nuisance. They can ruin many good clothes, rugs, blankets, food, and other household items. It’s best to prevent the infestation of moths early on before severe property damage occurs. You need to be vigilant and proactive to keep those moths away.
Even if it may seem a bit overwhelming and scary, there are plenty of ways to keep them out for good, and the best way to start is with the natural moth repellents we’ve listed above. Try the Ultimate Moth Traps –> CLICK HERE